Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
No one was ever bored by him and few, if any, forgot him.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laraine Day, the actress whose Wilshire Players Ray hung around in High School, and was thus further inspired into theatre.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slight correction, Doug: it's Laraine ("a" rather than "o").

We should also note the passing of Norman Mailer, Ira Levin and film/TV director Delbert Mann (director of Marty - a great early TV performance by Rod Steiger, and a great early film performance by Ernest Borgnine).

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Slight correction, Doug: it's Laraine.

So it is - thanks.

Lack of attention to detail and all, you know.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
God bless Dan Fogelberg.

At least we got to see him live before he left us. This would have been in the summer of '99 at Red Rocks in Colorado - a beautiful venue.

One of my favourite songwriters.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
The living legacy to the Leader of the Band has died. Rest in peace.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To the Morning.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Fogleberg's version of Judy Collins' "Since You've Asked" so moved me, it was included in my first wedding.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A beautiful song, and eerie video.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And here is a list of notables who shuffled of this mortal coil in A.D. 2007:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/27/obituaries/notable-obits-2007.html

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My sister and her daughter will be auditioning their Sonny and Cher act for the local talent show on the tenth anniversary of Sonny's death. And the beat goes on.

posted Hide Post
La di da di di,
la di da di da.

posted Hide Post
A true pioneer of days most heroic: Sir Edmund Hillary
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_on_re_au_an/obit_edmund_hillary

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Ascent!

"Live Forever!"