Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Harvey Korman was one of the funniest men on TV in the seventies (Tim Conway would have been another).

God bless Harvey Korman.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by fjp451:
The great Harvey Korman...laughter now fills the heavenly clouds![QUOTE]

I watched the Dentist sketch before going to the dentist today, before I heard the news. This is something I thought I should do before getting seven cavities filled. I'm glad I did.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget Dick Martin! At least I don't believe it has been mentioned about his passing away last week end.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And let's forget about this idea of deaths run in 3. With all the info available, deaths are multitudinous of the famous. Here, just a partial list, of notables who have died in the 5 days from May 25th, 2008 to the 29th of May.

Beryl Cook, British painter
Jose' Alejandro Bernales, Chilean dictator
Luc Bourdon, Canadian hockey player
Gerhard Konzelmann, German writer and journalist
Dianne Odell, Author, and polio victim
Sung-Chuen-san, Taiwanese film director
Dolly Aglay, Filipino journalist
Earl Hagen, American film composer of film
Sydney Pollack, American film director, actor
Jhama Sughand, Indian film producer
Cama Tao, American rapper-music producer
Ernt Stuhlinger,, American rocket scientist
Clementine Solignac, verified 4th oldest person in world, (113)
J.R.Simplot, American businessman, creating first french fries for McDonalds
Tom McHale, Tampa Bay Buccaneers football player

(I left out about 30 additional available names in that time frame)!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Popular science-fiction writer Robert Asprin died on May 22, 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Asprin

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yves Saint-Laurent, a Parisian.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He gave us the pants suit, didn't he?
May God have mercy on his soul.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
He gave us the pants suit, didn't he?

So that would mean that he, more than anyone, is responsible for Hillary's success thus far - bless him!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Hmm, I have yet to see or hear of her sartorial preferences referred to as, uh, assets...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey...Bo Diddley!!

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=317054>1=7702

"Oh, yeah!"...Rock and Blues Heaven!
Enjoy! Enough said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzn7VyoqEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASOwLFn9Mdg&feature=related

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's a bummer...Bo Diddley was such a great musician.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
D-Day. June 6, 1944.
Lots of 'leave-taking' that day.

posted Hide Post
Amen! "Lest We Forget!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An icon of American sport telecasting: Jim McKay- I watched him every Saturday afternoon as a kid, "ABC Wide World of Sports" ~
"The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat"
http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-me-mckay8-2008jun08,0,4039195.story

posted Hide Post
Science fiction writer and critic Algis Budrys.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post