Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 110

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
It's been a rough week.

I know. Frowner

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last of the Cartwrights, and Trapper John MD, Pernell Roberts.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
The last of the Cartwrights, and Trapper John MD, Pernell Roberts.

On the anniversary of the day on which John Smith, the immortal Slim on Laramie, also entered cowboy heaven!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
On the anniversary of the day on which John Smith, the immortal Slim on Laramie, also entered cowboy heaven!

There are those who dream of it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

P. S. Not quite. It turns out Roberts passed away on Sunday, or a day before the anniversary. R. I. P.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Salinger.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Salinger.

Wow. This is "moment of silence" deserving.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kage Baker, a very fine science fiction writer perhaps best known for her historical time travel novels involving a group of time travelers called "The Company", has died at the much-too-young age of 57. Here is link to details about her career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kage_Baker

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some sad news. William Tenn, one of our finest writers of science fiction, has passed away at the age of 89. Here is a link to details about his life and career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tenn

Posts: 2471 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apologies if we've already had this one:

Zelda Rubinstein, actress of Poltergeist fame.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Apologies if we've already had this one:

Zelda Rubinstein, actress of Poltergeist fame.

And she was wonderful in the TV programme Picket Fences, one of my favourites ever.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Dick Francis, novelist.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dick Francis, novelist.

And had a birthday I'm sure Ray would have envied!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Dick Francis, novelist.

And had a birthday I'm sure Ray would have envied!

True, but Ray's mother already carried him an extra month. She wasn't going to hold him in till October and give birth to a toddler!

posted Hide Post
My Mancunian father-in-law read all of those stories.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post