Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I just saw Roses' photo album before seeing your message! There are some great photos from F451 and other shows in there, and Roses' comments are very interesting.

Like.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Died 1975: Rod Serling (screenwriter)

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Betty Ford

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories...y/main20078126.shtml

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sherwood Schwartz

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another two great ones are gone alas!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actor Roberts Blossom - a star turn in "The Burning Man."

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know how widely known she was, but she was a big TV star in the UK when I was growing up:

Actress Googie Withers.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't know how widely known she was, but she was a big TV star in the UK when I was growing up:

Actress Googie Withers.

Is it even necessary for me to say that Googie is a good word?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
She should have invented Googie Earth, Googie Maps and Googie Chrome!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
She should have invented Googie Earth, Googie Maps and Googie Chrome!

She should have done!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Further to posts here last month reporting the death of Alan Neal Hubbs, VARIETY has just published an obituary:

http://www.variety.com/article...18040234?refCatId=15

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Singer Amy Winehouse, 27.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Alan Neal Hubbs, director of many plays for Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company.
Tonight.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Alan Neal Hubbs, director of many plays for Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company.
Tonight.

Try this. Does it work for y'all?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Works for me. Didn't have to log in, neither. Thanks Doug.

- Phil