Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
McGoohan was always one of my favourite actors. I loved his occasional appearances on Columbo, for which he won two Emmys.

I have the Compleat Prisoner on DVD. One of the most unique and well-made series ever.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nooooooo! Too many losses, what is going on? I love the Prisoner series, McGoohan was the best film spy,imho. I watched Secret Agent, too, before that. my buddy said that now if they try to make a movie of The prisoner, they'll probably mess it up because nobody will be around for quality control.

I'm pretty sure Bob Wilkins interviewed Ray for his Creature Features show in the 70's. I know he interviewed Forry, because they showed some raw film footage of the interview from their private archive at a local show in December. It was great, kind of funny since it was unedited. Two legends, one local and one international.

This is getting to be too much for me, losing all these wonderful artists. They all seem irreplaceable.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The plane finally came for Ricardo Montalbán.

"Khaaaaaan!" It was only a matter of time before someone did that - might as well be me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that's funny, Doug. I love the speech he did in the end of that movie from Moby Dick, "I'll chase thee round the flames of perdition" or something like that.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
I love the speech he did in the end of that movie from Moby Dick...

During his exile on Ceti Alpha V, Khan Noonien Singh read Moby Dick as he became immersed in his own desire for revenge on James T Kirk. During his search and battle with Kirk, he quoted lines from the novel. While some are direct quotes, some were modified from the original. For example, Khan's stated "I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!"

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy:
...my buddy said that now if they try to make a movie of The prisoner, they'll probably mess it up because nobody will be around for quality control...

There has been an ongoing attempt to re-make The Prisoner for British TV. I've lost track of how it's going, but I seem to recall parts were being shot somewhere in Africa. It will probably be watchable, but is bound to miss the point, as many re-makes do.

I am not a number. I am a free man!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved the man, loved the Prisoner and Danger Man too. Plus, for my money McGoohan was the only top-notch actor in Braveheart; really stood out.

I visited Portmeirion in 1980 and sent a picture postcard to a friend and fellow Prisoner fan with only this message:

Be seeing you!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems wrong to say they're dropping like flies, but....

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andrew Wyeth, painter.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Be seeing you!

My friend (a fellow Prisoner fan), and I generally end our phone conversations with the words "be seeing you".

In one of his Columbo appearances, McGoohan took his leave of Peter Falk with the words "be seeing you."

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
This classic Andrew Wyeth always seemed to conjure up a RB s.s. possibilities:
http://www.jssgallery.org/Other_Artists/Andrew_Wyeth/wyeth.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Mortimer, British writer and lawyer, creator of Rumpole of the Bailey.

Little known fact: John Mortimer did a re-write of Ray Bradbury's screenplay for Something Wicked This Way Comes. Director Jack Clayton commissioned the re-write without Bradbury's knowledge or permission. It was a major factor in the dissolution of Bradbury's friendship with Clayton.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
This classic Andrew Wyeth always seemed to conjure up a RB s.s. possibilities:
http://www.jssgallery.org/Other_Artists/Andrew_Wyeth/wyeth.jpg

Hey - that's what I posted!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Little known fact: John Mortimer did a re-write of Ray Bradbury's screenplay for Something Wicked This Way Comes. Director Jack Clayton commissioned the re-write without Bradbury's knowledge or permission. It was a major factor in the dissolution of Bradbury's friendship with Clayton.

I know - Ray spoke of this a couple of months ago, although he couldn't recollect his name at the time, he speaks of Mortimer.

I just emailed Ray the news.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"