Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doug, you should be eligible for UK citizenship with that level of knowledge!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Doug, you should be eligible for UK citizenship with that level of knowledge!

So should I if I knew things such as the Prime Minister's name.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We'll trade Doug Spaulding for Phil, straight across. Plus we'll get Phil a professor's chair at UCLA. Big Grin

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow, If I watch Only Fools and Horses, do you think I can get a UK citizenship, too? Smiler

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
We'll trade Doug Spaulding for Phil, straight across. Plus we'll get Phil a professor's chair at UCLA. Big Grin

Brilliant! Let's do it!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

Dandelion, his name is 'Mud'.

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinkerbell:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

Dandelion, his name is 'Mud'.

Now, that is short and easy enough to remember.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Brilliant! Let's do it!

You'll have to learn Polish first!

Hey! Nobody's mentionedHi-de-hi!, Till Death us do Part, Steptoe and Son, The Likely Lads, One Foot in the Grave or 'Allo 'Allo!. Maybe these sitcoms don't travel well?

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Nobody's mentionedHi-de-hi!, Till Death us do Part, Steptoe and Son, The Likely Lads, One Foot in the Grave or 'Allo 'Allo!.

I thought I'd mentioned Steptoe and Son. I used to watch this as a child (and enjoyed it because of the extreme characterisation of Wilfred Brambell). Then when I re-discovered it as an adult, I realised what a genius piece of DRAMA it was. Hilarious, yes, but also tragic. The very first episode is one of the most moving pieces of comedy you will ever see.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:

May I have a professor's desk, too?

Razzer

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Brilliant! Let's do it!

Perhaps we should do a Cage-Travolta face swap thing so that nobody will know.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
...Dandelion, his name is 'Mud'.

As another comedy genius would say, "Boom boom!"

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey! Nobody's mentionedHi-de-hi!, Till Death us do Part, Steptoe and Son, The Likely Lads, One Foot in the Grave or 'Allo 'Allo!. Maybe these sitcoms don't travel well?

I would have done, but I had to stop somewhere!

I'm actually familiar with Till Death Do Us Part, Steptoe and Son, One Foot in the Grave and 'Allo 'Allo.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Perhaps we should do a Cage-Travolta face swap thing so that nobody will know.

I don't know - I'm awful cute!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
...I don't know - I'm awful cute!

Not as cute as Basil:

- Phil