Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed Mr Scott as Tarzan, regularly seeing his Tarzan pictures on the late afternoon movies they used to run when I was a kid.

He was probably my second favourite Tarzan, in fact, and while his films were very good, I still think the best is Tarzan and His Mate (1934).

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Et tu, Ruth Graham?"

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
". . .sit back, relax, and watch the pictures as they fly through the air."

Unfortunately, I haven't seen the Tom Snyder/Ray Bradbury interviews, but I'm told they were excellent.

So long, Tom. We'll see you Tomorrow.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rave: I have the interview (taped many year's ago - The Late, Late Show w/ Tom Snyder - '96) and will have to give it a revisit. TS was a lifelong Dodgers fan and a groundbreaking tv interviewer!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I, too, was fortunate to tape a couple of the shows when Tom Snyder had Ray on as a guest. There was no question that Tom was a big fan of Ray's.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While it may be a bit late in the day for this news, it does not appear to have been posted on this board before. Father Time finally did what the Cyclops, the Roc, the fire-breathing Dragon and the evil magician Sikura could not. Kerwin Mathews, the star of Ray Harryhausen's two films THE SEVENTH VOYAGE OF SINDBAD and THE THREE WORLDS OF GULLIVER (as well as the Sindbad-inspired JACK THE GIANT KILLER) passed away on July 5, 2007 at the age of 81. I will never forget seeing SINDBAD as a seven-year-old at a local theater in the small town in Ohio where I grew up. As I watched the parade of Harryhausen's creatures appear on the screen, I kept thinking to myself, "How did they do that!" And I went around humming Bernard Herrmann's great score for days afterwards.

Here is a link to some details about Mathews career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerwin_Mathews

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Richard,

Posts: 2455 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard, I remember Kerwin Mathews! (And that's "Sinbad") I love Bernard Herrmann's music for that film. Dynamation!

Also passing, at age 89, is the great Ingmar Bergman.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elvis!

(Oh - that was thirty years ago)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Don't recall Ray ever being a Merv Griffin guest, but he deserves a mention anyway.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I have a nice portrait of Max Roach that I'd like to digitize and post. Any suggestions out there as to the best way to do this? Scan? Digital camera? Something else?

posted Hide Post
Braling II:

You haven't posted a photo before? Thought you did. You can take a photo of the photo with your digital camera (put it on short range focus)...then download it into photoshop (if you have it)...or some program to 'compress' the thing for posting. Too large a file and the Bradbury site will kick it back. Or just try to post what your digital camera took. Sometimes particular cameras take photos all ready for posting without compressing it.

dandelion:

Here's a photo of Ray and Merv, from Ray's personal collection.
Also in the photo is Angelica Huston, John Huston's daughter.

ImageRay_and_Merv.jpg (86 Kb, 14 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks for the picture, Nard!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! for sure. What was all this costuming about with Ray and Merv Griffin and Huston?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post