Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Wrote an awful lot about horses, did Mr Francis.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, charming, talented Kathryn Grayson.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...AR2010021805358.html

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lionel Jeffries, 83, best-remembered by Bradbury fans as the eccentric inventor and space travel in Ray Harryhausen's THE FIRST MEN IN THE MOON. Also gave us THE RAILWAY CHILDREN and appeared in CHITTY CHITTY BANG, BANG; THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN; MURDER AHOY; CAMELOT; THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT and Curtis Harrington's WHOEVER SLEW AUNTIE ROO?

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeffries was quite a figure in the British film industry. His list of credits is quite extraordinary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Jeffries

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caroline McWilliams. I remember when I used to watch Benson years ago and I thought she was hot. And she was.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dawn Brancheau, the third victim of Seaworld's own contract killer whale, Tilikum.

Why the whale has not been excused from service? The world may never know.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
...killer whale, Tilikum...

Which part of the phrase "killer whale" did they not understand?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone must have gave the owners the wrong sea-animal encyclopedia:

Killer Whale-

"A docile whale that feeds on only the smallest of animals, and only when provoked. Loves to cuddle!"

Aye yi yi...

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kukai_Aoki:
Dawn Brancheau, the third victim of Seaworld's own contract killer whale, Tilikum.

My phrase of choice is serial killer whale but you have the right idea.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actor Andrew Koenig, son of Walter Koenig, and inspiration for Harlan Ellison's character Jeffty in the short story "Jeffty is Five".

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Actor Andrew Koenig, son of Walter Koenig, and inspiration for Harlan Ellison's character Jeffty in the short story "Jeffty is Five".

Wow, I didn't know he inspired one of Ellison's greatest stories. I did know he played the Joker in a Batman movie and fell victim to its legendary curse.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I did know he played the Joker in a Batman movie and fell victim to its legendary curse.

Curse? Cesar Romero lived to 86, and Jack is still with us. Is there a curse? Of course, I know about Ledger.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I did know he played the Joker in a Batman movie.

Cool.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Last year, THE Jackson of the Jacksons, this year an Osmond, and the second child of one of our cultural icons to commit suicide in two days! This is getting depressing, folks.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.co...-in-downtown-la.html

posted Hide Post

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post