Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Sad to hear about Fred Pohl. He was high on my list of people I had hoped to meet. Anyone with even a passing interest in sf should read The Way the Future Was.

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Majorly bummed. A dear friend passed away and the funeral is on my birthday!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That IS tough, but you could try to treat the funeral service as a celebration of the friend's life.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
That IS tough, but you could try to treat the funeral service as a celebration of the friend's life.

That's what they're calling it.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A day late - but NYC, et al, still remembered:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4TM8...DFQ/s1600/towers.jpg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
A day late - but NYC, et al, still remembered:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4TM8...DFQ/s1600/towers.jpg

Thanks, I was hoping someone would post on that.

posted Hide Post
Mr. Tom Clancy!
Ironically, I thought fondly of my readings of this author's works yesterday when I saw a well-worn copy of Hunt for Red October just returned to our small town library's front desk:

Farewell to another powerful literary figure ~ http://abcnews.go.com/Entertai...ed/story?id=20444256

Peace.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Died 1849: Edgar Allan Poe

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Died 1849: Edgar Allan Poe

Edgar with Ray (and H.P. and Illustrated Man), courtesy of The Simpsons - click on attachment link below.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Imageedgar_ray.jpg (165 Kb, 6 downloads) Lovecraft, Poe, Bradbury

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
RB's other Papa:

http://www.businessesgrow.com/...-Hemingway-Stamp.jpg

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Diana Harryhausen passed Sunday. Just around five months after her husband, Ray.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, fjpalumbo, didn't you used to be fjp451?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I'm Back!!! That was kinda like, "A Sound of Thunder!!"

-------------------------------------------
Oh, yeah!! Orson Welles (May 6, 1915 – October 10, 1985) It is getting close to "War of the Worlds" time again.

posted Hide Post
Yez, and wee hav noo orl chanjed the wey we spel bicos off yor meddling with thee timelyne. Big Grin

- Phil