Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
The REST of the story...

Now he really does know the rest of the story.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Paul Harvey was a dedicated soul who worked until the very end, a great talent to whom I always enjoyed listening. The one broadcast that made the most vivid impression on me was the Randy Weaver standoff crisis, where Mr. Harvey appealed to Randy Weaver personally to stop the killing. I had been at church camp and hadn't heard of the situation so the first I knew of it was on the car radio heading home! Frowner

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For years I listened to Paul Harvey while driving the many miles between all of the heres and theres of our quite rural region. Even as a college student, I recognized his special skill and knack in communicating.

Do we have anyone like Mr. Harvey talking to us today - especially to the youth of this great Country. They need to know the Rest of so many Stories that have to do with things other than themselves!

(Are his programs collected anywhere?)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Philip Jose Farmer obit from today's Los Angeles Times:
http://www.latimes.com/news/ob...ar04,0,3913912.story

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Boyd: "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/news.php?id=31495

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Natasha Richardson.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron Silver, my favorite!

ImageRon-Silver-001.jpg (37 Kb, 4 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Natasha Richardson.

Perfectly tragic! I didn't realize she showed no serious signs at first! Will this do for helmets what Princess Diana's tragic passing did for seatbelts? (*Did* it do anything for seatbelts?)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John Edw. Blankenship, Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company set designer.

This tribute from David Polcyn, one of Ray's actors (Montag):

"R.I.P. Johnny B. The world is a better place because of you having been in it. You gave so much to so many and will be sorely missed. Thank you!"

"He was a professor of mine from college. Grumpy old git who had been teaching at USC since the 1950s and had an impact on so many people's lives. Those who had him as a teacher were lucky enough to experience his huge heart, astounding work ethic, dedication, knowledge and shall we say... rather colorful language!"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Here is the link to John Edward Blankenchip's obiturary. There is a nice quote from Ray in the piece.

http://www.latimes.com/news/ob...0,301535,print.story

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Here is the link to John Edward Blankenchip's obiturary. There is a nice quote from Ray in the piece.

I've gotten nothing but a server error since this was posted.

Marilyn Chambers, the Ivory Snow girl. And only fifty-six.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Added to the tragic death of L. A. Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart, who was killed by an illegal alien drunk driver, were three prominent baseball deaths yesterday:

Phillies radio & TV broadcaster Harry Kalas, also the voice for NFL Films, at 73, passed away in the broadcast booth just before a game!

Former Detroit Tiger Mark "The Bird" Fidrych at 54, in an apparent farming accident.

Former Auburn HC Paul Nix ('63-'84) at 66. Nix was SEC Coach of Year in '63 '64 '67 '76 & '78.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I've gotten nothing but a server error since this was posted.

Marilyn Chambers, the Ivory Snow girl. And only fifty-six.

I'll bet I know what caused the server errors, watching Marilyn Chambers doin' it behind The Green Door!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]I've gotten nothing but a server error since this was posted.

Bummer. Maybe it is a MAC thing? (ducking)
Try this link, which worked for me:
http://www.latimes.com/news/ob...pr05,0,3634564.story

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Bummer. Maybe it is a MAC thing?

No. It's a server thing.

Your new link does work - thanks!

"Live Forever!"