Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
RIP William Harrison , novelist and screenwriter, best known for the slightly Bradburyesque* Rollerball.

*Due to its satirical depiction of near-future media.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP singer-songwriterLou Reed, aged 71.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alas! Within the last month, I was in a music store, considering whether to buy The Velvet Underground and Nico or something else - and in the end it was something else.

It was a classic record, and I guess now, at last, I will buy it. That's how it goes.

RIP.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember him from the Velvet Underground days!!
Lou Reed... http://www.rollingstone.com/mu...-dead-at-71-20131027

Peace.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marcia Wallace.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Nobel Prize-winning author Doris Lessing, 94.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
John Fitzgerald Kennedy ~ 50 years ago today!

Amazingly the years go by...

A metaphor: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11...tml?ref=opinion&_r=0

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
RIP Nobel Prize-winning author Doris Lessing, 94.

A great lossFrowner

"Once a Ray Bradbury fan, always a Ray Bradbury fan!"Smiler

Posts: 32 | Location: Bermuda Triangle | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
John Fitzgerald Kennedy ~ 50 years ago today!

Amazingly the years go by...

A metaphor: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11...tml?ref=opinion&_r=0

The greatest American president slainFrownerFrowner

Posts: 32 | Location: Bermuda Triangle | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
RIP singer-songwriterLou Reed, aged 71.

A tear came to my eye and I'm not one to shed manY.....RIP uncle Lou....time waits for no-oneFrownerFrowner

posted Hide Post
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013.

A lovely pictorial tour of his life is provided just under the Google search box today.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've lost Lawrence of Arabia, Mr. Chips, Robinson Crusoe, Sherlock Holmes, and so many others . . .

Peter O'Toole, August 2nd, 1932 - December 14th, 2013.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
We've lost Lawrence of Arabia, Mr. Chips, Robinson Crusoe, Sherlock Holmes, and so many others . . .

Peter O'Toole, August 2nd, 1932 - December 14th, 2013.

Not forgetting his turn as the John Huston character in the "Banshee" episode of RAY BRADBURY THEATRE.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Ray Price.

Listen.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April 2013 "Goodbye"
~ Deanna Durbin (the cinema beauty of Green Shadows, White Whale)
I think Mr. Bradbury would have loved her in this scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kWgZr8bSXg

...and to all Peace!
http://nypost.com/2013/12/31/2...most-notable-deaths/