Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I know his words will live forever but today I mourn the passing of the person with twinkling eyes and sunny smile who would brighten any day just by his presence.

Posts: 10 | Location: Pasadena, CA | Registered: 09 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The emotions of today aside, we should all consider ourselves fortunate to be one of his children.

So often we see creative minds cut short and this was a topic of a few of Ray's short stories, but to be witness to a life which had a chance to blossom, reach maturity and age like a fine wine is so remarkable. He grew older, but his mind and his passion never dulled.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 20 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't frequent this board, only visiting once every 6 months are so. I want to express my deepest sorrow at your loss, our loss, the world's loss. The only solace I can find now is that I am sure Ray is having a great day today! He lives forever.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 0,

Posts: 14 | Registered: 17 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More tributes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18346773

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oops!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 0,

Posts: 14 | Registered: 17 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Farewell, my friend.

Ray Bradbury has influenced my life more than anybody else. My wife, my close friend I've met because of him. On his books I've been teaching myself to read and understand what I've read. My profession is what it is thanks to him.

Thank you, mr. Bradbury. You'll live forever in our souls.

Posts: 173 | Location: Russia | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waukegan Public Library is staging a tribute to Ray TONIGHT AT 8PM! I hope the whole town turns out!

Press release:

http://www.waukeganpl.org/site...y.Press_.Release.pdf

Front page of the website: http://www.waukeganpl.org/

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury visited the Monrovia Public Library in 2009 and gave this inspiring speech about love and writing. Full video can be viewed here: http://patch.com/A-tSf0

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He has joined Marguerite in a place that we can only imagine but will all see.
I feel like the writer of this tribute CNN Tribute
Mr. Bradbury, may you continue to soar to the stars. We are all still trying to catch up.

Posts: 49 | Location: Where the Streets Have No Name | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Farewell Ray, may the wind fill your sails and carry you to the world(s) beyond our mortal coil. You have blessed us all with your life's work, and the joy in which you carried it out! Bravo my friend.

Posts: 2 | Location: USA | Registered: 29 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
thank you ray

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been sitting here for two hours writing and deleting, trying to sum up what Ray Bradbury has meant to me. Truth is, I'm just so damn sad I can't do it. So, with much love, I'll just say goodbye, and thank you, Mr. Bradbury.

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet...

President Obama, paying tribute to Ray Bradbury:

“For many Americans, the news of Ray Bradbury's death immediately brought to mind images from his work, imprinted in our minds, often from a young age. His gift for storytelling reshaped our culture and expanded our world. But Ray also understood that our imaginations could be used as a tool for better understanding, a vehicle for change, and an expression of our most cherished values. There is no doubt that Ray will continue to inspire many more generations with his writing, and our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.”

More info here:

http://www.latimes.com/news/po...0606,0,1846140.story

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Waukegan remembers Ray:

http://newssun.suntimes.com/13...thor-dead-at-91.html

If you are on Facebook, look for posts by David Motley, the PR man for the city. There are a couple of photos from last night's in memoriam event, and I expect there will be more when things have quietened down a bit.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Now he belongs to the ages.

Now he truly is immortal.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post