Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Add Brad Renfro and Heath Ledger to the "Gone Too Soon/What Were They Thinking?" list.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and Sir Edmund Hillary.
(Excepting the "Too Soon" and "What Thinking" bits.)
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article3362295.ece

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's always "too soon", even in the case of Sir Edmund.

(And as for "what was he thinking": it might have been "...because it's there!")

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
True enough. And I would add it's just as great a loss if the person was not a celebrity.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said!

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To state my honest opinion, if his cause of death ends up being a drug overdose, then Heath Ledger was a world class loser. I never even watched his films and I've been royally p!ssed at him all day--can't imagine how his poor fans must feel and wouldn't presume to guess as to friends and family. Here was a guy with world class talent living a life people with even moderate talent would kill for--and most people have average or below average talent, which puts him above over 90% of the world. What the hell reason does a person in such a position have to OD? And what reason does everyone else have to go on with their sorry, pointless, cr@ppy little lives with people like Heath Ledger ODing and Owen Wilson slitting his wrists? Where do they get off with this $#!+?

(If the cause ends up being something else or inconclusive, I take back the above.)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:
Hey! Let's be cool here! Ledger was on at least 6 - 10 prescriptions, from XANAX to Aleve type of medicines. He was on sleeping aids. He slept little, sometimes as little as 2 hrs a day, and had pneumonia at the time of his death. He broke up with the love of his life a few months ago, hated the last film role he had, as the JOKER, in the lastest BATMAN movie, and that is the stuff the media knows. What the heck was going on inside the media doesn't know and can't tell us? He had kids. What was his relationship with them. Or the mother? In debt over his head? Feel the talent he knew he had being thwarted by the elite of Hollywood?? Moreso, no God? Vacant inside except the displeasure of self? What emotional carnage was he packing everyday?

The latest news is that it was accidental. ...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
...I never even watched his films...

Maybe you should, dandy. He had quite a talent, and I feel we didn't yet see his best.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:The latest news is that it was accidental. ...

That's what they're saying now, and that his family was very upset at the authorities intimating it might have been intentional. If it was intentional, it's terrible on so many levels...but it doesn't seem he'd have made an appointment for someone to be at his place if he expected to be dead by then? Let's hope it was an honest accident.

posted Hide Post
probably it was unintentional.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David Groh, gone at age 68.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad, all these people I enjoyed on TV as a kid checking out.

posted Hide Post
Goodbye, Larry Norman.

So sad, too soon.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
William F Buckley.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jooonyah.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post