Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Glenn Shadix. Terry knew him, Horatio.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin McCarthy

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow.
One of the most disturbing series of closeups ever was in "bodysnatchers", her face followed by his - you know what I refer to?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also memorable as Walter Jameson in the Twilight Zone by Charles Beaumont. I had no idea Kevin McCarthy was 96. What a ripe old age!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harold Gould. Perfectly cast in The Ray Bradbury Theater "To The Chicago Abyss" and "Colonel Stonesteel and the Desperate Empties".

http://www.latimes.com/enterta....+Times+-+TV+News%29

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad...but I celebrate knowing his works. Mr. Gould's performances in The RBT episodes were perfect, poetic, personal, and pure-Bradbury. His speeches are the stuff for the ages and will always remain in my memory as moving, the expressions of the life of a true artist!!!
Peace.

Linnl, thank you! We will view Colonel Stonesteel today (as a part of a writing exercise) in his honor and memory!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arthur Penn.

Notable as being the Director of Billy the Kid film "The Left-Handed Gun" and the world famous "Bonnie and Clyde".

Sigh...

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony Curtis.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The voice of Linus is stilled!

Obituary
Christopher Dylan Shea

passed away on August 19th of natural causes near his home in Honeydew, California. Born on February 5, 1958 in Los Angeles, Christopher had made Humboldt County his home for over twenty years. As a young boy, Christopher acted in such iconic television shows as The Odd Couple, Bonanza, and Green Acres, as well as numerous appearances in the Sunday evening classic series The Wonderful World of Disney. His most recognized role was that of voicing the character of Linus Van Pelt in the original Charles Schulz's Peanuts television specials, A Charlie Brown Christmas and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown among others. Christopher was a colorful person with a playful spirit and a big heart. His smile was contagious and his family enjoyed his wonderfully sincere hugs. Christopher influenced many who crossed his path in a positive and creative way: he frequently lent a hand to others when they were in need. He had a generous nature and took genuine pleasure in other people's good fortune. He loved communing with nature, listening to music, and he had a lifelong passion for literature. Christopher was a loving father, a devoted son, and a caring brother and uncle. He is deeply missed by all who knew and loved him. Christopher is survived by his wife Sara Straton, and his beloved daughters, Nicea Straton-Shea and Teal Straton-Shea. A memorial service will be held on Sunday, October 17, 2010. Care is under the direction of Pierce Mortuary, Eureka, California. To leave condolences for the family please visit www.piercemortuarychapels.com Please sign the guest book at www.Times-Standard.com, click Obits.

Published in Eureka Times-Standard on October 10, 2010

The family must have been quite broken up as he passed away in August and the obituary was not printed till October! "Wonderfully sincere hugs" would seem to be a Linus reference as well as a factual description.

I must admit this one hits me rather hard. I always loved Peanuts and my sisters had bedsheets featuring the characters. We don't have the bunk beds set up anymore, but I kept the sheets and periodically use them as dust covers. I make sure they don't get around anything which might stain, but are just to cover things when I am sanding. Currently I am doing a lot of renovation in the kitchen so the bedsheets are over the dining room and living room tables covering boxes of kitchen things. Such warm, comforting images, sometimes lying alongside Charlie Brown in the Sunday comics which still prints the old strips, and I am so sad to think Linus is gone!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barbara Billingsley.

Image20061214-beaver01.jpg (24 Kb, 5 downloads)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Barbara Billingsley.

An era-ending exit. RIP.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post