Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
An Everly.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neal Barrett, Jr., Texan writer of some decidedly offbeat science fiction, passed on the 12th, aged 85.

Here is link to a very recent piece of his, in which he remembers November 22, 1963.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/arts/2013-11-22/11-22/

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP star of Ray Bradbury's IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE, Russell Johnson, at the grand age of 89.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reuben Kincaid.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, two big ones the same day! End of an era. So sad.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Yeah, two big ones the same day! End of an era. So sad.

Reminds me of that February back in 2006 when we lost Don Knotts, Darren McGavin, and Dennis Weaver over two days.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Pete Seeger.
Following Toshi after nearly 70 years of marriage.
One of the greats.
http://peteseeger.net/wp/

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gordon Hessler, who directed the film THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD, with special effects by Ray Harryhausen, has died at age 83:

http://www.wearemoviegeeks.com...t-price-harryhausen/

Posts: 2456 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pete Seeger was my second favorite legend right after Ray Bradbury.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nels Oleson.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Nels Oleson.

...a character who was the very epitome of "long-suffering", thanks to Mrs Oleson (and their intolerable offspring) !

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Animal crackers in her soup...

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Yes, another sad passing. One of the heroes of the Greatest Generation! Shirley Temple (Black) was credited by FDR as being as instrumental in getting the nation out of the Great Depression as any political or social effort attempted at that time. Spirit and joy was always evident in her youthful screen presence.

Mrs. Black became a diplomat and ambassador in her adult years and was highly respected throughout her very significant life!

Peace.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While in college, in the 70s, I worked at the L.A. Zoo. (Chuckle. Snort.) One of my fellow works was Louie Assideo. Louie’s family were major cocoa bean land owners in Ghana. One day Louie asked me if I wished to be invited to the Ghanaian Embassy because they were hosting a birthday party for the American Ambassador to Ghana.
(One must know that Ghana’s English did not use feminine pronouns.)
When Louie invited me he said something like “Would you like to go as my guest and meet Ambassador Black? He was a very famous actor.” I graciously declined. That evening, I’m watching the news and they had a piece on the party telling me that Ambassador Black was SHIRLEY TEMPLE BLACK. The next weekend I told Louie that all he had to do was use her full name and I’d have rented that tux.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post