Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Momo Kapor, 72 years.
I loved his paintings, and bought one from an antique store a couple of years back. It is now hanging in my hallway, since his death.

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that is some "Time Machine!!!"
Peace...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_oldest_american

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corey Haim. Lucas was a really good film - his best. Although The Lost Boys and Silver Bullet were very good too.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always sorry to hear these tragic stories.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peter Graves

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010...t-mission-impossibl/

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yeah, I just saw that. RIP Peter Graves, star of Killers from Space and Mission Impossible, among other things.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alex Chilton from the Box Tops and later Big Star. I love this guy, what a great pop musician. RIP, Alex Chilton, only 59 years old. Sad day.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On St. Patrick's Day I'd like to pause to remember my favorite singing group, the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem, to whom I listened relentlessly beginning in, and lasting through and beyond, that sad period between 1970-1990 or so when Irish music was NOT cool!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too! I was listening to folk music in LA from the late '50s until it sort of died away. Its comimng back. I loved The Limelighters and Glen Yarborough. So, Have Some Madera, m' Dear!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another piece of my youth has passed:

Fess Parker

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...AR2010031802823.html

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah...heard this on the way home tonight.
Fess Parker was a big man and a part of the Great American Era of Famly television: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTSNqX76m0

Peace!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A frontier legend is gone! Farewell to an icon!

posted Hide Post
LIFE photographer Charles Moore, Peter Graves (who -- lest we forget -- was also in Charles Laughton's NIGHT OF THE HUNTER), Alex Chilton and Fess Parker (who, in addition to the obvious, had small but memorable roles in ISLAND IN THE SKY and THEM! and a great leading role as a sheriff in THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR). RIP to all ...

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I visited his fine winery when I was in Santa Ynez, a mere stone's thrown from Bo Derek's ranch. And Michael Jackson's, by the way. I went to see Los Olivas, the charming village where Return to Mayberry was filmed in 1986.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I visited his fine winery when I was in Santa Ynez, a mere stone's thrown from Bo Derek's ranch. And Michael Jackson's, by the way. I went to see Los Olivas, the charming village where Return to Mayberry was filmed in 1986.

In January, she-who-must-be-obeyed was at an event at his winery. I asked her to take my coonskin cap with her for Fess to sign for me. She refused because she thought it was silly and that it would offend him. Upon her return she told me that other men of a certain age brought they coonskin caps to be signed.

John King Tarpinian