Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
He loved this country and devoted his life to serving it. The inspiration of his faith, optimism, and perseverance will live on.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two media noteworthy people named Ted Kennedy dying within about a week. Odd.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dominick Dunne

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by libRArY:
Two media noteworthy people named Ted Kennedy dying within about a week. Odd.

At the rate things are going, nobody noteworthy by any name will be left to see 2010!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Dominick Dunne

The father of Dominique Dunne, who acted in Poltergeist, directed by Steve Spielberg, who barely missed seeing Ray at the Academy earlier this year. Dominique is interred at Pierce Brothers Westwood, the same yard in which Maggie rests.

Also the father of Griffin Dunne, who acted in An American Werewolf in London, directed by John Landis, who did not miss seeing Ray at the 4E memorial in March, and whom Ray once asked me to "tell him to call me!"

How many connections between people who orbit Ray's world can we find? A lot, I should think.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, is that where Ray will be interred, along side of Marguerite? Or has he said anything about it?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ellie Greenwich, the songwriter of Be My Baby, my friend Brian Wilson's favourite song of ever.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
Doug, is that where Ray will be interred, along side of Marguerite? Or has he said anything about it?

He hasn't said anything about it to me, but if you would like to see what is directly to the left of Maggie's stone, email me. I will not post it here.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Griffin Dunne also starred in the revived ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS series remake of "The Jar," directed by a young, up-and-coming talent named Tim Burton.

Ray does plan to rest next to Maggie, but we won't even think about that ...

Terry Pace
pillaroffire@bellsouth.net

"God, here and there, makes madness a calling." -- Ray Bradbury

Posts: 92 | Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama | Registered: 30 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Army Archerd

http://www.armyarcherd.com/

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Australian actor Ray Barrett, 82, who provided voices for the iconic UK TV series Thunderbirds in the 1960s, died at home in Australia on September 8.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Larry Gelbart

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/ar...r_won_emmy_for_mash/

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Did everyone remember to put out their flag for September 11?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Did everyone remember to put out their flag for September 11?

Yes. My better half was almost in the second tower on that day. If it were not for the fact that she always runs late and did not book her flight in time so missed a conference with Morgtan Stanley she'd have been in the tower.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Wow. Closest I have is a cousin who saw one of the towers collapse.