Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 110

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A proud panegyric to one near and dear to me who is most profoundly missed and fondly remembered: http://www.kirchersociety.org/blog/2006/02/17/the-worlds-longest-diary/

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion:
This posting of your dad's passing leaves....well, leaves one...speechless!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dad was rarely speechless, but it's nice that he's receiving such attention.

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sympathies and heart-felt wishes of comfort, CS. I am sure memories of so much shared will always remain vivid and peaceful.
f

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Memory eternal.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are no words for such times, only feelings, and mine are with you.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only is Dad's obituary running in today's New York Times, the London Times is picking it up as well! If anyone in England feels like mailing me a print copy (at least of the page with the obituary), email me for my address! He will also be featured on an Art Silverman NPR program tonight. Thanks for all your good wishes!

Cori

posted Hide Post
Cori, I'm so sorry for your sad loss. I don't know your email address. If you'd care to post it on the board, I'll contact you to find out your mailing address and send you a copy of the "Times" with your father's obituary. Kindest thoughts ...

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I kinda thought my email address appeared on my profile, but maybe security's tighter these days. It is cmashieldscapting@hotmail.com and thanks for the kind offer.

Cori

posted Hide Post
Just to let you know I picked up today's edition of 'The Times' (known as "the top people's paper" over here). An accolade indeed!
Email to follow.

Tink

Posts: 396 | Location: Never Never Land, UK | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please accept my sincerest condolences on the passing of your father, dandelion, and may God bless.

Posts: 195 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion, what a fantastic story about your dad!

Also, we must note the passing of Robert Goulet, a fine singer in his own right.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sad about Robert Goulet...younger than either of my parents.

posted Hide Post
Condolences, dandelion, your Dad really sounds like a great guy, someone who would be interesting to hang out with. RIP, Rev. Shields.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post