Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Had to tell my mom to quit watching Brigadoon. The last time she watched, Cyd Charisse died, and this time Van Johnson died!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eartha Kitt.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
Had to tell my mom to quit watching Brigadoon. The last time she watched, Cyd Charisse died, and this time Van Johnson died!

Gene Kelley and Cyd Charisse - what beauty they created. Brigadoon, another of my favorites. And then there was An American In Paris - and Leslie Caron. When will those days come again.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Eartha Kitt.

Hurry down the chimney tonight and every Christmas eve, Santa Baby!

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harold Pinter

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donald Westlake

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jett Travolta, 16 year-old son John Travolta and Kelly Preston.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brad Sullivan, a talented actor and all-around great guy, has left the scene.

http://www.backstage.com/bso/news_reviews/nyc/article_d...ontent_id=1003927664

You guys would remember him from his roles in I'll Fly Away and Prince of Tides. I would remember him as my dear uncle. R. I. P. Brad!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From today’s L.A. Times: Another passing happened on Christmas Day when "The Shadow" illustrator Edward D. Cartier, who also drew for classic science fiction, fantasy, mystery and pulp fiction works by such authors as Isaac Asimov and L. Ron Hubbard, died at 94. The World War II veteran earned a Purple Heart and Bronze Star as an infantryman and machine gunner. The Chicago Tribune recently spoke to his son, Dean, who said, "He was one of the very last illustrators from the golden age of science fiction. ... He did over 800 illustrations for The Shadow and was still signing autographs [recently]."

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Bradbury still making public appearances and if so does anyone have any information on this? Thank You.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Babetta:
Is Bradbury still making public appearances and if so does anyone have any information on this? Thank You.

Please check Signings and Appearances.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Bob Wilkins.
A local gem...

http://www.bobwilkins.net/

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just reading about Bob's illness a couple months ago. And such a Ray look-alike! Except for his fingers outward, where he more resembles Ernie Kovacs.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patrick McGoohan, #6 from the wonderful series The Prisoner.

John King Tarpinian