Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Rod Taylor.

Always enjoyed his acting.

Oh, I am so bummed! Have seen him a lot on TCM lately and thought him just adorable!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the TCM channel, and there are days when he seems to be the leading man in every 1950s/1960s movie!

I never realised that he was in Inglourious Basterds - saw the movie; had no clue he was in it!

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Taught TM in my classes for many years and then thoroughly enjoyed viewing Mr. Taylor's great performance when the final page was turned.

A class performer who will "Live Forever!"
Peace.

Here is a "timeless" scene we can all related to on this board.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ4lDJs8skg

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
I never realised that he was in Inglourious Basterds - saw the movie; had no clue he was in it!

Rod Taylor said that Quentin Tarantino called one day and asked if he would like to play Winston Churchill in his new WW2 film. Rod told Quentin that the best Churchill, Albert Finney, lived right across the channel from where they'd be filming - why didn't he get him. Tarantino replied "If Rod Taylor turns me down, I'll ask Albert Finney."

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alice K. Turner, fiction editor of Playboy.

http://www.locusmag.com/News/2...-k-turner-1939-2015/

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
All of the obits have overlooked one of my favourite of his films, though: ONE HOUR PHOTO.

That's one of his few films I actually purchased on DVD. Awfully dark, it was.

I finally caught most of that the other night. It was different than I expected.

posted Hide Post
André P. Brink (5/29/1935 – 2/6/2015)

A Dry White Season, Rumours of Rain, many others.

posted Hide Post
Melanie Tem, fantasy author who wrote both solo and in collaboration with her husband, Steve Rasnic Tem:

http://www.locusmag.com/News/

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by douglasSP:
Melanie Tem.

Bill Nolan was just telling me about this tonight!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP, architect Jon Jerde, aged 75.

Jerde was of some significance in the career of Ray Bradbury: in the 1970s and 1980s, Bradbury did consultancy work with Jerde, principally working on concepts for town centres and shopping malls. Two of Bradbury's key concepts were: "people don't go out to shop, they go out to eat; while they're out, they shop" - and "the aesthetics of lostness". Bradbury developed these in essays (which you can find in his book YESTERMORROW), and Jerde incorporated the concepts in designs for downtown plazas and malls.

Ever wondered why malls often have food courts?

Ever been in a new mall and found that the layout wasn't all line-of sight?

Then you have enjoyed(!) a Bradbury-Jerde-influenced shopping experience.

www.tinyurl.com/jerdeobit

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leonard Nimoy.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Fine man! "Live long and prosper!"
Peace

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leonard Nimoy.

Whenever I read The Halloween Tree Leonard Nimoy's voice is always in my head, Mr. Moundshroud.:

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, Yes! A wonderful reading/performing voice!!

https://video.search.yahoo.com...ozilla&hsimp=yhs-001