Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Robert Culp... http://www.google.com/hostedne...HNqivcJT2HAD9ELCDB83

He and Bill Cosby made a great team in I Spy!!
Peace.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was in "The Long Years" on The Ray Bradbury Theater too. But he'll always be "Mr. Outer Limits" to me. "The Architects of Fear", "Corpus Earthling", and "Demon With A Glass Hand" are three of the best episodes. His acting was one of the reasons.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert Culp and Peter Graves both went so suddenly. So sad.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
June Havoc, passed away at 97 years old. Gypsy Rose Lee's sister, (Baby June in the musical)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03.../30havoc.html?src=mv

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Herb Ellis.
Great guitarist - I got to see him several times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03...ellis.html?ref=music

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enjoy his Zen Strings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL9HPYu0NKs
Peace!

(Hey, Pard! I thought that was your horse tied in front of the general store!)

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charlie.

Also, The Trouble With Harry.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn, he was cool!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since Cori didn't, I will. Just think of the coming notoriety of the coroner who examines the coroner who examined her!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dixie Carter.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Actress Lynn Redgrave, star of Bradbury's Walking on Air.

Obituary here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lena Horne

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lena_Horne

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Lena Horne family’s story: Back in the early 60s my parents would go to Las Vegas once a month. On one of those visits they were sitting in the lounge of the Sands hotel, being that 5 p.m. was the cocktail hour. The only other group in the lounge was Frank Sinatra, Joey Bishop and Peter Lawford.

From the port-hole in the swinging doors to the kitchen Sinatra say Lena Horne walk by. He sent Lawford to fetch her and invite her to join them for a drink. As soon as she sat down an extremely nervous waiter came over to tell Ms. Horne that she was not “allowed” in the lounge…being a person of color and all. Frank told the waiter to fetch him a phone. In these days a phone was brought to a booth and plugged into the wall. Frank made a call, said something into the phone and then handed the receiver to the waiter. After a short one-sdied discussion the waiter quickly left and just a quickly came back with a bucket of champagne. Ms. Horne stayed with the Rat Pack and enjoyed her champagne. To this day we wonder if that waiter was soon buried out in the desert.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1 | Registered: 22 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
The only other group in the lounge was Frank Sinatra, Joey Bishop and Peter Lawford.

So, just a few regular guys, eh? Hardly worth mentioning.

"Live Forever!"