Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Harmon Killebrew a baseball great...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6559023

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Actor Edward Hardwicke, best known as TV's Dr Watson.

Awww! He was such a sweetie-cutie! I have all his audiobooks of the Sherlock Holmes stories!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
dandelion wrote:
quote:
I have all his audiobooks of the Sherlock Holmes stories!

FrownerMe too. And the Jeremy Brett Holmes on dvd. Fond and wonderful stories one can return to.

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Edward Hardwicke was the son of the great actor Cedric Hardwicke, I believe. Loved him in Sherlock homes with Jeremy Brett

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Killer" Killebrew was another bigger than life legend that graced the baseball diamond. Sad to see the passing of both a player and an era. Before the big contracts and steroids there were great players with great names, who were our boyhood heroes.

"beyond the burned out foreign fields
and boyhood dreams of bunts and steals,
young Jack Marsh is rounding third,
and sliding, sliding safely home." Charles Ghigna

Harmon is safely home.

Posts: 49 | Location: Where the Streets Have No Name | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My producer's cousin, Jeff Conaway.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right: Class, integrity, and respected. A hero!
Harmon Clayton Killebrew
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAs5vNe_S58&NR=1

Peace...

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James Arness.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, especially bright is this shining info (from your post site) about another of my childhood heroes and a star from the golden era of tv:
Mr. Arness -
He made few films during the 20-year "Gunsmoke" run. (There were 635 episodes produced in the series over its long tenure.) Arness was nominated for three Emmys over those 20 years. Arness reprised his role as Dillon in made-for-TV "Gunsmoke" movies in the 1980s and 1990s. He also starred in mini-series "How the West was Won" in the late 1970s.

Arness was a World War II veteran. According to the LA Times, he was drafted in 1943 while attending Beloit College in Wisconsin and assigned to the 3rd Infantry Division, taking part in the landing at Anzio, Italy, in 1944.

And finally~ ~ ~ ~
In a letter posted posthumously on his official website, Arness writes, "I wanted to take this time to thank all of you for the many years of being a fan of 'Gunsmoke,' 'The Thing,' 'How the West Was Won' and all the other fun projects I was lucky enough to have been allowed to be a part of. I had the privilege of working with so many great actors over the years."

Peace...

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andrew Gold, singer/songwriter passed away on June 3, 2011. Andrew, thank you for being a friend.

And when we die and float away
Into the night, the Milky Way
You'll hear me call, as we ascend
I'll see you there, then once again
Thank you for being a friend

Andrew Gold

Thank You For Being A Friend

Posts: 49 | Location: Where the Streets Have No Name | Registered: 19 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So sad! His songs are among my favorites. Condolences to his family, including his mother, another favorite.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kathryn Windham Tucker, who wrote all those spooky Thirteen Southern Ghosts books I remember reading so well as a child.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Alan Neal Hubbs, director of many plays for Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Alan Neal Hubbs, director of many plays for Ray Bradbury's Pandemonium Theatre Company.

I was wondering when someone was going to mention this! I was about to. It's a really well-written remembrance, by the way.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
When it's someone who is part of the Bradbury "family", I hesitate to post it here. When I saw on Facebook that Ray had been informed, I figured it was OK to post here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post