Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Jeff Healey, Rock Forever. Man, could he play!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obit_healey

Enjoy this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRov2XscQJc

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And then there's this.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just read about this: A spirited Band of Gypsies:
Buddy Miles, "Drum on!"

http://www.insightnews.com/aesthetics.asp?mode=display&articleID=3998

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Вечная память! Memory Eternal!
Mtropolitan Laurus

http://www.flickr.com/photos/massalim/2338421510/

And Arthur C. Clarke!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Braling II,

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
And Arthur C. Clarke!

Again, impressive! He died on March 19th and it is now March 18.

Good job!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anthony Minghella, writer and director. Info here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be sure to offer Childhood's End next quarter in Sr. Lit. class in honor of Dr. Clarke. Timeless. Prolific. Culture Changing. His work "Profiles of the Future" influenced me immensely many years ago.

May God's Peace be Arthur C. Clarke's Eternal Odyssey.

posted Hide Post
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, Hal!"

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, Hal!"

Is the ad for a TV service featuring this famous exchange running in your area?

R. I. P. to one of the great ones!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the ad for a TV service featuring this famous exchange running in your area?

If it is, I wouldn't know. Maybe it's on YouTube?

posted Hide Post
It's probably on You Tube, if I knew the name of the exact service they are advertising.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Ray the day that Arthur C. Clarke passed away, although neither one of us was aware of it at the time. Ray was a very good friend of Clarke's and wrote the Foreword to his autobiography.

When speaking with Ray I sometimes worry that Ray may have forgotten just who I am, but he changed all that the other day when he asked me if I ever heard from Richard Bach. It was through Richard Bach that I first got to meet Ray.

Ray was very excited about a special edition of F451 being produced in Egypt and his addressing a number of Egytptians by telephone hook-up several nights prior to our phone conversation.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP: actor Paul Scofield, star of A Man For All Seasons.

Obituary here.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A truly great actor. His Martin Chuzzlewit is the best.

posted Hide Post
Some may find it comforting to know that in the midst of discussions of electrical impulses and gelatin, to cell phones vs. signal fires, a toast was given here the other night with a loud “To Arthur!”, that could be heard in the streets. His condition thus gentled, we continued our arguing.

“Harry Purvis
The White Hart
Somewhere between Fleet Street and the Embankment”
Wednesday last

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post