This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3791083901/m/9151087282

06 April 2014, 09:12 PM
Doug Spaulding
The Leave Taking...
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
RIP Mickey Rooney (1920-2014).

I was just looking at him on television last night. I was watching a panel of a film festival on 70 MM films in which he was taking part. The panel was on my favourite film, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and the segment was featured on Criterion's blu-ray edition of the film.

"Live Forever!"
06 April 2014, 09:23 PM
dandelion
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
RIP Mickey Rooney (1920-2014).

I may have killed him. I was just telling my friend that Doris Day had just turned 90 and if Mickey Rooney lived till September he would be 94. About an hour later went online and the news came up that he was dead.
07 April 2014, 05:07 PM
Doug Spaulding
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I may have killed him.

I was unawares that you wielded such Billy Mumy powers. "You're a bad dandelion. You're a very bad dandelion!"

"Live Forever!"
07 April 2014, 05:43 PM
dandelion
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I may have killed him.

I was unawares that you wielded such Billy Mumy powers. "You're a bad dandelion. You're a very bad dandelion!"

Funny you should mention The Twilight Zone. With Mickey Rooney's passing, there are now no episodes of the original series with all cast members still living.
11 April 2014, 05:44 AM
philnic
RIP British novelist, creator of ADRIAN MOLE, Sue Townsend.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
17 April 2014, 02:00 PM
philnic
RIP Nobel Prize-winning author Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
18 April 2014, 12:15 PM
dandelion
Conventional wisdom has that they happen in threes, but oddly, there weren't two others, comparable, close to Mickey Rooney's passing.
13 May 2014, 08:34 AM
fjp451
In view of our recent "SF" debate, sad to hear of the loss of such an influential SF visionary as Artist H.R. Giger:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/...oodles/news/?a=99949

Startling images that still bring chills when recalling the original Alien creatures, settings, and backdrops Mr. Giger created:
http://www.lightninggamingnews...y-you-1-1024x675.jpg

Peace.
28 May 2014, 07:32 AM
philnic
RIP, writer Maya Angelou, aged 86.

- Phil

28 May 2014, 09:04 PM
fanboy
Such sad news, she was like Ray in the respect that she was so positive, always encouraging and optimistic. She was a powerful force for good in the world, and it is a poorer place without her ( Ray, too.)
01 June 2014, 10:01 PM
dandelion
Alas! Alice! http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=870042
04 June 2014, 10:29 PM
dandelion
Almost anniversary time again. Frowner
05 June 2014, 06:49 AM
Doug Spaulding

"Everyone must leave something behind when he dies. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you're there."

God love you, Mr B. I do.

"Live Forever!"
05 June 2014, 12:55 PM
bytorbass
Rekindlement A Celebration

"And from your bones, thus smitten- Lo! Ten billion years of Light!"

That is what Ray Bradbury left us.
05 June 2014, 06:17 PM
Doug Spaulding
"Somewhere a band is playing
Oh listen, oh listen that tune!
If you learn it you’ll dance on forever