Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Leave Taking...
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 109

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Leave Taking...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I am sad to hear about Roy Disney's passing and feel so lucky to have met Roy at the premier of The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit here in Albuquerque. I said to him how happy I was to be able to thank a Disney for a lifetime of entertainment and shook his hand. He was very gracious and sweet.
Speaking of Disney - The new film The Princess and the Frog is wonderful. Breathtaking visuals, Blues and Jazz for music, scary parts like old Disney, and wonderful characters. I loved it.
-Patricia

Posts: 86 | Location: Bernalillo, NM USA | Registered: 16 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, wow, Jennifer Jones was so good in Song of Bernadette.

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan O'Bannon.

Well, there's your three.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brittany Murphy.

Four.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many times in how many different ways can one say "Dropping like flies"? R. I. P. to another celebrity!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite of his roles was as Ray, the gas station owner in the wonderful It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
I know him best as the voice of T.C.!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember Top Cat! Only just.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Top Cat has been running on BBC TV almost continuously since TC was created - although for many years it played in the UK with a a doctored title sequence, as it was renamed "Boss Cat" over hear (although the theme tune remained "Top Cat"). There was a pre-existing cat food called Top Cat, and the BBC were afraid of claims of product placement!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
I remember Top Cat! Only just.

Ditto.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Terry pointed out, Collin Wilcox is missing, but other than that, good job TCM!

And the brilliant Townes Van Zandt's To Live's To Fly, rendered by the brilliant Steve Earle.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Art Clokey, creator of Gumby.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
No! It can not be! George Leonard died a few days ago, on the sixth. I read many of his books and studied him quite extensively.

I will remember him always. R.I.P

http://www.itp-life.com/people/georgebio.html

"Oh, death!"

Posts: 176 | Location: The Forest of Aokigahara, Japan | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
K_A: I agree. Sad to hear of this. Mr. Leonard's book The Ultimate Athlete influenced me greatly in the fields of personal fitness, martial arts training, instructing, and coaching. His zen-like narrations of the dances in life, sensing and applying the energies around us, and enjoying the flow of focused competition and peak performance were always enjoyable, as well as applicable. His writings are enlightening reads that have remained a part of things for me over the past few decades!

Peace be his!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post