Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    3 more interviews of Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 more interviews of Ray
 Login/Join

posted
http://wiredforbooks.org/raybradbury/

follow this link and you will find 2 video interviews of Ray(1991 and 1992) I read somewhere that Ray was recovering from a stroke last year. I wonder if he is doing fine now...
Also follow this link for another audio interview
http://www.savvytraveler.com/show/features/2001/20010316/interview.shtml

Posts: 18 | Location: Camp Hill, PA | Registered: 07 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SharkTheFish

Heey! Thanx!!! Listened to the audio interview of Ray (sounds like it was done not ltoo ong after his stroke)...and will look at the video one next.

Somewhere around these sites I posted something about Falcon Theater...that had pictures of Ray taken last month...well, that would be October, now....He appears to be doing better.

I saw him not long after his stroke....and, thank God, he was able to get to a hospital right afterwards....or things would have been different....

By the Way, where has everyone been last couple days? Few postings!!!! Is it the Holiday Busyness of OtherThings??

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been swamped with semester end stuff and family in from Alaska, Washington DC and Houston. Busy little folk here. I finally was able to look at the question on why Ray is inspirational and posted something there yesterday. But I have come out and looked periodically over the holiday, and it has been quiet. I wondered if the site was broken, it was so slow.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is how the world will end, Mr. Dark...with only two people talking on the internet, all the while everybody else will be gone.....

How's this for a new posting idea...? Anyone can write their version of a Ray Bradbury verbiage, but in 50 words or less....
Something like...well, like this maybe...:

"Mars! God, yes! It was there! Floating above the sea. It took all our hearts thru all our life. Took the sweet smell of long long ago years and held it blossom fresh upon the sky, eternally."

Gee, only 37 words....

Your turn....

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-06-2002).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's actually a cool idea for a story. Just two people on the internet. Somewhere I read a story about there being only two people left and something about a phone ringing. I don't remember the title or author (or, obviously, the story), but it was cool. The internet modernizes it. It could be a cool story. You going to do it?

I'll try my hand at your Bradbury write-alike challenge, but it won't be for a couple days. Kind of like the "Bad Hemingway" contest. But actually, a lot of those stories were really good.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, in a way you beat me to what I was going to say. Didn't feel up to the write-alike challenge just yet, but the story you're thinking of is "December 2005" (gee, only three years from now--coming right up) "The Silent Towns" from "The Martian Chronicles." An even more reduced "end-of-the-world" scenario is in the Martian story "Night Call, Collect," where the guy is not only left talking to HIMSELF, but two "virtual selves" are the last ones left! The write-alike challenge should really appear under a separate thread, since it is a different topic. Maybe you could start it by copying and pasting your initial entry there.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion:: (and Mr. Dark):::Cut and Paste!! I'm from the old school of publishing and printing...that actually did cut and really did paste. This new stuff...I'm learning slowly...and Yep..haven't graduated to Cut and Paste 101 yet. Stay tuned. So I'll start a new thread altogether...

Good Grief. I put it in INSPIRE Category instead of RESOURCE. Shheshhh!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 12-06-2002).]