Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "Falling Upward" in Los Angeles
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Falling Upward" in Los Angeles
 Login/Join

posted
Ray will appear opening night for a production of "Falling Upward" at Theatre West in Los Angeles (and possibly for other of the run's six performances).

Ray will be there opening night for the Gala celebrating his 87th birthday. For tix and info go to Theatre West's website.

htttp://www.theatrewest.org

I'm producing the play and I'm very excited about the show. We have Pat Harrington playing "Garrity", and another possible celeb for the role of Snell Orkney (To Be Announced). We open Sept 7, 2007 for six shows only.

I hope some of you can make the show.

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CharlieMount, thank you for the information. I wish I could attend, but have no immediate trips planned to LA. Perhaps this would be just the reason to come.

I saw Pat Harrington several years ago as he narrated a play (the name which escapes me but entailed a complilation of Mother Goose stories) and he was great. This was at the Ordway Theatre in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what show that was.

Pat also travels around with Howard Storm doing a great show called "Harrington and Storm: Two Guys Doing A One Man Show". Very funny.

Sorry you can't make "Falling Upward". It's going very well. I just finshed designing the poster, and I think it turned out nicely:

ImagefallingPoster.jpg (185 Kb, 9 downloads)

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Harrington and Storm: Two Guys Doing A One Man Show"

My wife and I caught the show:

"Harrington and Storm: Two Guys Doing A One Man Show" at a performacne at Laguna Woods (formerly Leisure World) and it was very well done. Storm is Jewish and Pat is well , you know. They grew up in the same neighborhood, according to the show, and share many of the same kinds of experiences, but from two very different viewpoints. If you can, go and see this one as well as Ray's play, it is likely to be playing around somewhere.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howard directed a production of "Requiem for A Heavyweight" for me a few years ago. He's a great director, and a great comic, and he and Pat work together very nicely.

posted Hide Post
CharlieMount:
Can mail a cpuple flyers and/or brochures to the bookshop Mystery and Imagination. They are already promoting Ray's Frost and Fire. Ray is doing a booksigning there two weeks before Falling Upward. I'm sure people who attend would be interested.
Mystery and Imagination
238 N. Brand Blvd. Glendale, CA 91203

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt: I first attended Ray's 'Falling Upward' back around 1987. Ray had me print all the programs for the run of the play back then. Still have one or two of them. As well as some of the promo material. A different type of play,for sure.

patrask: Leisure World is 'not' Laguna Woods. It used to be 'a part' of Laguna Woods. After a court battle, Leisure World is now called Laguna Woods Village. To the relief of many under 40 living in Laguna Woods, CA.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt, thanks. I should have some postcards ready by Wed next week, and I'll send you some. Great!

Lesuire World airs a free satellite TV show I manage called "Classic Arts Showcase". We get a lot of nice letters from there.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlieMount:
jkt, thanks. I should have some postcards ready by Wed next week, and I'll send you some. Great!

Lesuire World airs a free satellite TV show I manage called "Classic Arts Showcase". We get a lot of nice letters from there.

I should clarify that I am not part of Mystery and Imagination, well maybe a mascot. Malcolm and Christine Bell are the owners.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mascots are people, too. LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CharlieMount,

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
CharlieMount:
Can mail a cpuple flyers and/or brochures to the bookshop Mystery and Imagination. They are already promoting Ray's Frost and Fire. Ray is doing a booksigning there two weeks before Falling Upward. I'm sure people who attend would be interested.
Mystery and Imagination

John,

I think I'm going to attend the event, and I'll bring by some postcards for the show.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
CharlieMount:
Mystery and Imagination

John,

I think I'm going to attend the event, and I'll bring by some postcards for the show.

That will be fine. If you could get them to the store earlier I'd personally insert one into each of the 400 copies of the new books that should arrive later this week. Feel free to email me back-channel if you wish: jkt@earthlink.net

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
John,

I'll be there early this morning. I called the bookstore and they're cool about taking a poster and letting me hand out postcards. I don't know about putting one in each of the books -- I don't want to intrude too much on the book signing event, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Tickets are selling well, and we're planning quite a nice party for Ray after the opening night show. We're going to have Irish musicians, and even some dance instruction for anyone in the audience that wants to get on the stage. There'll be food and wine and beer. Should be fun.

The show itself is going wonderfully. We have James Horan on board now, as Snell Orkney, and he's great. I think it's going to be an extraordinary show.

See you later today. I'll the guy with all the postcards in his hands.

posted Hide Post
quote:
John,
See you later today. I'll the guy with all the postcards in his hands.

Charlie,

It was good to meet you. I'll be there opening night.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Your cake was amazing, by the way.

See you in a couple of weeks.