Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "Falling Upward" in Los Angeles
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Falling Upward" in Los Angeles
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Go for it, DS! And when you speak to Ray, point out to him that one part of his body of work which is relatively unknown - particularly to his many fans overseas - is his theatre stuff. In the UK, we have had only a couple of his plays staged, and then only in minor venues.

Even the documentaries made about RB have been largely about his short stories and novels. Perhaps now is the time for a behind-the-scenes look at his theatre company. (How many novelists have their own theatre company, anyway?)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Go for it, DS! Perhaps now is the time for a behind-the-scenes look at his theatre company.

You have inspired me!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Charlie, if you're still online, could you ring me on 805.989.7172, or post your contact for me - I have a question of you. Thanks.

Doug,

Good to talk to you. Thanks for the call.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CharlieMount,

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

The play was so good I am coming back for a second helping this Friday.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to talk the spouse into a second helping, as well.

Hope there are still tickets left for Friday.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe there are. Call the box office line:
(323) 851-7977.

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post