Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "Falling Upward" in Los Angeles
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Falling Upward" in Los Angeles
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
It was me. Nice to see you again, John.

You - I remember you! Now where did we last meet? I believe it was at Green Town or some such fare, was it not?

Nice to see you again. You must return for Dandelion Wine in October, a rare month for boys.

That makes the second time you have traversed the country in recent times. Good job!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
It was me. Nice to see you again, John.

Richard,

Remember to work slowly so that you can attend the 29th premiere of Ray Bradbury’s Dandelion Wine. Wink

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for coming everyone. We had wonderful turnout all weekend.

The opening night party was a blast. Ray made a nice speech, and enjoyed himself greatly. (He laughed when I told him that we used music from "Moby Dick" during the show. If you didn't recognize it, it was during the "Anthem Runner" segment. As they boyos stand outside the movie theatre listening to the end of the movie inside, it's the last few chords of "Moby Dick" you're hearing.)

The set was designed by Jeff Rack, who has done a number of sets for me, all beautiful. He's quite talented. (There are some new photos of the set, and the actors, here: http://theatrewest.org/fallingupward.html. Did anyone notice the photo of Ray I placed on the set? (It was above the bar.)

Thanks for coming, and thanks for all the kind words.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CharlieMount,

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Charlie, nice to see you again this afternoon.

Ray told me yesterday that this was the best adaptation for the stage of his works, and after witnessing today's performance, I think he may be right!

We'll try to come back Friday.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CharlieMount:

That above link doesn't work. It goes to a "FILE NOT FOUND" page.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard -- thanks, I fixed it.

We also have our first rave review:

Eye Spy LA Review

Posts: 40 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlieMount:
Eye Spy LA Review

FARHEINHEIT!?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Ach!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
FARHEINHEIT!?

Oh good - Mike fixed his misspelling. I emailed him about it.

You know how we ex-English majors are!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Charlie Mount et, al on this board:

My wife an I attended the sunday 2 PM performance. I had tears before the end of the play. I know these stories oh so well, having been a Bradbury fan since the mid '50s. This is by far the best staging of any of Ray's plays that I have seen, and I have been to most of them. Tell everyone to get over to Theatre West and have the night of their lives with this mavelous group of very talented actors, singers, and Irishmen. I ain't Irish, but I can cry with the best of them. Cudos to all the talented people who helped to put this on. I think it should be recorded and put on cable as a special?

Tell Ray I have forwarded a couple of the programs on to Donn Albright and also the EyeSpyLA.com review by Mark Share.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask:

Wonderful play when I attended it back in the 1980's. At that time, The Pandemonium Theatre Company play was produced by Ray's long time friend Charles Rome Smith, and Associate Producer Thomas Petitpas. I figure after mellowing for 20 years, it must now have a genuinely great texture of Irish fermentation blended with a lot of punch to it.

And Yes! Somewhere it should find a home on cable for a wider audience to enjoy!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding, get down there with your camera crew, and get Kershner to join you! Get it on TV now! (And release it on DVD so I can see it, too!)

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
Charlie Mount et, al on this board:

My wife an I attended the sunday 2 PM performance. I had tears before the end of the play. I know these stories oh so well, having been a Bradbury fan since the mid '50s. This is by far the best staging of any of Ray's plays that I have seen, and I have been to most of them. Tell everyone to get over to Theatre West and have the night of their lives with this mavelous group of very talented actors, singers, and Irishmen. I ain't Irish, but I can cry with the best of them. Cudos to all the talented people who helped to put this on. I think it should be recorded and put on cable as a special?

Tell Ray I have forwarded a couple of the programs on to Donn Albright and also the EyeSpyLA.com review by Mark Share.

Very nice of you to say. Thanks for your kind words.

TIm Byron Owen, the director, had a very strong vision, and I think that shows.

posted Hide Post
Charlie, if you're still online, could you ring me on 805.989.7172, or post your contact for me - I have a question of you. Thanks.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Doug Spaulding, get down there with your camera crew, and get Kershner to join you! Get it on TV now! (And release it on DVD so I can see it, too!)

You all bring up a good point, although I think Kersh is still out of town - I got the answering machine when I rang him this weekend.

We'll see what we can do!

"Live Forever!"