Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Anyone buy something from Bradbury's estate...?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone buy something from Bradbury's estate...?
 Login/Join

posted
When Bradbury's estate was auctioned off, I came very close to buying, among several things, one of the many award trophies that were offered. I later almost bought one of those wood bookends that were manufactured from the wood from his demolished house. In the end, though, I passed on it all.

Did anyone here pick up anything from his estate that they'd like to share? Pics get bonus points. Smiler

Posts: 28 | Registered: 19 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
451 bookshelves.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto DS. I received (3 sets) bookends directly from the folks at http://www.thereusepeople.org/...okends-now-available

When I sent an e-mail, I was informed they were sold in about a week's time. Mr. Jeff Cockerell (staff management) came to my aid and pulled the sets that were among the last available (not 451) after a couple of phone exchanges! He is a fine gentleman who appreciated our coast-to-coast encounter, as well as my long-time RB interests and background.

I presented one set to a long-time RB fan/friend with whom I listened to many hours old cassettes tapes (GAOS, MC, DW, IM) while traveling our Northern Country roads (very late nights and into early mornings) - drinking hot coffee - while getting back and forth to college. These were some of my initial and most inspiring RB influences, along with flipping the pages myself.

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They sure do a good job of supporting my Bradburys!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wanted something so bad, even a piece of the house, but I couldn't afford a used piece of gum from that place.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post