Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    10 views of the moon

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10 views of the moon
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know where I could purchase a print from one of the series Ten views of the moon? I understand Ray Bradbury helped out with the pictures and I know a really big fan who would like one framed. Thanks everyone.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of which smithsmith speaks: http://tobeycmossgallery.com/tenviews.html

Available copies of prints I would think quite hard to come by! Though a search of Joe Mugnaini artwork on line may offer some leads. Try this Google listing for starts:
http://www.google.com/search?q=joe+mugnaini&hl=en&lr=&i...e=UTF-8&start=0&sa=N

fpalumbo

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing prints! Thanks for posting. I would love to find a copy of one, as well. How do you pronounce Mugnaini?

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mug-nanny. And try eBay; they sell everything else there.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dandelion.

I did find it on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3653124942&category=20148 but it's WAY over my head. Starting bid is over a $1000.

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was actually looking for something else when I cam across this thread and thought I should bump it for the incorrect pronunciation of Mugnaini...it's not 'mug-nanny'.

The proper pronunciation is "moon-yay-knee".

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Then Bradbury said it wrong or I heard it wrong when he said it.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion said:
quote:
And try eBay; they sell everything else there.

Yeah, they sure do. Even things that don't exist. Someone there was selling 'signed author copies' of 'The 13th Day of Christmas'.

Problem: The only one I ever signed was to Mother...and she's not selling hers. I checked. Cool I sent the guy a warning message and notified eBay about it. A few days later the 'signed copies' had vanished from the site...(lol)

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More than one person has sold an air guitar on eBay.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but is there anyone on eBay selling STRINGS for it?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoops...forgot to respond to this.

Checked with Joe's daughter just to be sure and found that I was a bit off, too. The proper pronunciation for Mugnaini is:

moo-nyah-ee-knee

She said that a lot of people have a problem with that extra 'ee' in there, so they've gotten used to the way I was pronouncing it, which is why she never mentioned it to me.

She, uh, also said that Ray's pretty much always mispronounced it. Smiler

--
jJ

Posts: 61 | Location: United States | Registered: 31 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post