Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Clean House
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Clean House
 Login/Join

posted
Like the cobbler�s elves in the night or good old Saint Nick, dandelion continues to work her magic, making the environment here fit for human habitation. I wish we could leave out some cookies and milk or a nice Chianti.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did she have to remove ALL the phones, seems a tad presumptuous, I mean what if we have an emergency. Remember that T-Rex that got loose last year when that guy stepped off the trail, what a mess that was?! And what if that wind starts up again, I tell you I won't stand for this outrage, at least leave the happiness machine, please. Well I said please!

(i concur fully, Chapter. just a little ghost town humor...do you hear footsteps???)

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or maybe it was�Harvey.

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it's aliens, but I'll take the goodies anyway, thanks.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! There's life over here yet!
Cookies, eh? OK, I've got to do it. Reminds me of a Steven Wright quote:

My dental hygienist is cute.
Every time I visit, I eat a whole package of Oreo cookies while I'm in the waiting room.
Sometimes she has to cancel the rest of the afternoon's appointments.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once you've been treated to a demonstration of dental techniques of Lewis and Clark's day by this guy

you won't speak lightly of such matters.

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a Civil War re-enactment in Roaring Camp near here every Memorial Day weekend. At the encampment, one can learn of many things from that time: clothing, firearms, food, spinning, photography, and medical and dental techniques like those you're referring to, no doubt. Though this guy doesn't look too scary. You should see some of the tipsy, blood-bespattered "surgeons" that show up here! Seems like, whatever the wound, the prescribed medical treatment is, " Amputate! *hic* "

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oreos, you cruel cruel robot. Does she give you the gas??? Do you ever wake up and experience an unaccountable loss of time and your clothes dishevelled? If so, you may need a robot lawyer...

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My tooth-tugging friend does amputations, too, referring to them as "the quickest way to lose weight."

Hope you guys didn't pop too many Valiums before my cleanup this time.

posted Hide Post
Would that be "Valia"? Anyway, looks like more cleanup is called for. The Phoneys are back! Aaaargh!

posted Hide Post
Yeah, why can't we get those phoneys to pop the Valiums and mellow out?

posted Hide Post
...restrict the site borders!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call in the military, its the only answer...

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
One of the few historical remnants found after the Cell-Phone Wars were some minor binary fragments. Archeologists still theorize as to where the remains of the robot called Lincoln may be unearthed.

posted Hide Post
After the Cellanic War, some say the Robot stowed stealthily secretly silently smartly aboard a cargo ship bound for Mars. He now is an usher in a small dust blown town cineplex.
He awoke with a start.....

Onward to Mars!