Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Clean House
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Clean House
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
"Why is the letter Z associated with sleeping anyway?", he asked as he yawned and awoke, yet again.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several buzZZzing bees flew into the wide open yawn. It suddenly dawned on him that at this point it didn't matter if the letter Z was or was not associated with sleeping.

At the same time, all around and everywhere was heard 'ooOOOOoooOO OO' while someone, somewhere, wondered why the letter O was sometimes associated with agony!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 05-29-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Onomatopoeia, of course.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That�s what I thought too. Sounds right. Gad!

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And then I thought, why of course, now I remember.... why it's, it's...
http://www.onomatopoeia.org/

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's insanity!!! That's what it is. Splendid insanity, at that. To be able to project several hallucinations interacting with eachother, yet obviously independent from the source. Insanity most divine. I should write a paper on this.

You do realize that there can only be one cure for insanity such as this? And I, too, must be insane. I should have known, should have seen the signs. I guess we're always the last ones to know.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roses are red, violets are blue,
I'm schizophrenic and so am I.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
�And so am I, I am, I am.�
�Who?� says you.
�I,� says I.
�I?� says you.
�Yes, you.�
�You, what?�
��You remind me of a man.�
�What man?�
�The man with the power.�
�What power?�
�The power of hoodoo.�
�Who do?�
�You do.�
�I do what?�
�Remind me of a man.�
�What man�?��
All this notwithstanding, Who�s on first.

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 05-30-2006).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't you see we're bleshing!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ho-Ho

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C-31,

That reminds me of a song from LABYRINTH.

posted Hide Post
"You remind me of a man..."
The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer ?

OK. "That covers a lot of ground. Say, you cover a lot of ground yourself! You'd better beat it - I hear they're going to put up an office building where you're standing..."

We do digress...

posted Hide Post
What was the subject again?

posted Hide Post
...at this point...what is what anymore....

???

posted Hide Post
The last sane man on earth sat alone in a room, there was a lock on the door...