Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Clean House
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Clean House
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
�Ernie, wake up, wake up. I had this horrible dream that I wanted to play the saxophone and I don�t even like the saxophone. Ernie?�

But it�s not Ernie there. It�s Ernest Borgnine.

(Close up of Bert Screaming)

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"HA-HA-HA, BWA-HA-HA!!!" The ghosts of Jim Henson, Sherry Lewis, and Mister Rodgers are maniacally laughing in the sock-puppet strewn corner. With outstretched arms, they start towards Bert...

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 06-10-2006).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Furthermore, why is Shelly Winters here...Oh my God, we're on Poseidon!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, ohmigosh...there stood...
dandelion!
And...
Chapter 31
...and grasstains
... and there, down in that cold damp
cellar, was Braling II.
And I could see myself...No! That's..that's COOKIE MONSTER dressed up as myself.

I hear screaming, frantic screaming. And then, a single sheet of paper floating down from the sky with words written on it, and a title...a handwritten title...it says...I can hardly make it out it...but it
says... 'There will Come Soft Rains'
...and then it started to rain and all the words got washed away.

Lighting could suddenly be seen in some far off country, with terrible blows heading in this direction. I called out for Officer Bert. I just knew that was useless. In my bewilderment I also called out to Sam Parkhill. Finally got the sense to come out of the rain and call out for the 'lightning rod salesman.' Then only did I know
exactly where I was: Greentown, Illinois!

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"What-what-what, McHale?!"

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(Long shot of Ernest Borgnine--in cabdrivers uniform he wore in �Escape From New York�--screaming)

[The hallway resumes it�s normal aspect]

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 06-11-2006).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Oh Noooo!!!" Bert suddenly realizes he's no longer a sock-puppet.

"Jiminy Cricket!!!" He says. "I'm a REAL boy!"

"Uhh... Bert?"

"ERNIE!!! Hey, you're not Ernie."

"Uhh... nope. My name's Goliath. I'm looking for my friend Davy. He's always playing around construction sites and abandoned mines. Gee, I hope Davy's alright. Lately, he's been hanging around this pointy-headed green guy and his pony-pal Pokey, too. Uhh... one more thing..."

"What is it, you blockhead?"

"Ummm... you're not a real boy. You're claymation."

"Oh Noooo!!!"

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 06-12-2006).]

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
(gasping sounds of Chapter 31 recovering from laughing fit)

Meanwhile, Sam threw another hotdog on the grill.

posted Hide Post
"Sock Puppets?" Lambchop asked.
"Hey, Kukla, I think I hear Ollie's cousin..."
"I'm comin' Beanie Boy!"
As for me, Gromit and I are going somewhere for some cheeeeese!

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Woh!!! Watch out, Bert!"

"What the... a giant hand descending from the heavens? It's gonna smash that little guy."

"Uhh, I think he's running for those books. Maybe we should do the same?"

"Here comes the hand!!! RUN!!!"

"Gee, Bert. You think we oughtta be jumping into THAT book? I mean, look at the title--SOMETHING WICKED THIS..."

"No time for that now! Jump!!!"

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 06-12-2006).]

posted Hide Post
Gallant tries to make friends with Mr. Bill, but Goofus hits Mr. Bill over the head with an anvil.....Oh no, Mr. Bill!

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AND THEN...SUDDENLY..THERE WAS THIS:
http://www.autospeak.com/grpsnda/carcrash.wav

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The elves are still hard at work, thank goodness.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
"I want to be a dentist."

posted Hide Post
"WHAT! A dentist!!??" he screamed! The others also had this reaction...
http://www.sounddogs.com/previews/31/mp3/272637_SOUNDDOGS_SC.mp3

And immediately afterwards, they all made a mad dash for the rocket to Mars! http://www.sounddogs.com/previews/30/mp3/237410_SOUNDDOGS_sh.mp3

And when they landed on Mars, they slowly disembarked, got their feet down on the rich Mars soil, looked all around, gave the thumbs up to all that they saw around them, and then there was this... http://www.sounddogs.com/previews/101/mp3/141665_SOUNDDOGS_Be.mp3

===============================================

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-21-2006).]