Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    A Clean House
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Clean House
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I just nodded off for a moment, what did you say?....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...how many z's is that?

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The swarm of bees were being loaded into the ammunition cartridges at the local Martian gun shop. It was a quiet night for business. The shop keeper had gotten so good at his craft that he seldom was stung. That was,until now. He had lost count of the bees! And now they were begining to swarm all over the place.

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-01-2006).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...as the sun withdrew behind black ominous clouds they were speaking to him as he sat in the darkened shoe store listening to their droning humming buzz. The electricity had gone off simultaneously with a super charged clap of thunder that echoed and re-echoed through the town. The rain came down in sheets omnipresent on the metal roof. "Why are these bees here Mr. Horn?" "There's no bees really." "You see John, its a residual effect of my magic that only the young and the young at heart can feel/hear." "Sometimes the old town needs a fine tuning here or an adjustment there." "I supply that." "Golly, I thought you were just a shoe salesman." "I'm not from around here, you see." "I came here through a door of time and space called a worm hole by some." "Someone is searching very dilligently for me to get what I have and know." "Will you let me know if you see any strangers in town?" Johnny nodded. They both stood in the doorway regarding the rain falling on the darkened sidewalk and world as the droning sound faded with the light.

Onward to Mars!

Posts: 318 | Location: Louisville, KY United States | Registered: 27 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By now so very confused with all
the things that had been happening
thruout all the gatherings of those
wide written words on electronic
images of wide and even wider screens...
(and so forth)...Was when the idea came up
that perhaps 'trapping' those bees in some sort of bubble may do the trick. Yeah, that
would do it! So...they came up with: www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bubble.htm
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, beauty is in the eye of the bee-holder...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dear mother was fond of that saying. She also liked, "I'm going to tan your hide if you don't get off that chair and get those hands out of that cookie jar!" ?

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
My mom used to threaten us with, "One of these days I'm just not going to come home." to which we usually replied something like, "So, what's for dinner?"

MAN!!! Karma's gonna kick my @ss real soon here with my kids, I just know it is.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why does this hallway keep expanding outward??? Weird. Strange days have found us...

Grass, my mom used to have mini-breakdowns while sitting on the stairs after we were "bad". She would say always at these times, "wait till you have kids, you'll know one day." Keep in mind that she is from a firey Irish family and these mini-breakdowns and yelling were commonplace. I swore I'd never repeat any actions of my parents, but it happens, such as the "don't make me say that again", or "buster, I'm not playing, get over here now", "don't make me take this belt off." I never do! I'm more like my parents than I ever wanted to admit, however I believe that I did not give up my inner child so that I can still relish "playing" with them and they with me too. I caused my peeps alot of grief when I was growing up so my karma level is in the red too. Gotta say that although a lot alike, also we are worlds apart from how we operate with raising children, which I'm glad of. Boy did I ramble.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
Robot
Lincoln

The
reason
why
this
hallway
is
expanding
sideways
is
because
somewheres
up there
on the
113th floor
there were
these
zzZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzszzZZZZZZZZZZZ
that
got loose....

posted Hide Post
Ah, something I can read without leaning sideways in my chair my in sideways leaning without read can I something, Ah

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 06-09-2006).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whats with all this tomfoolary? I thought we were having a serious discussion on phones. This is getting way out of hand.

Onward to Mars!

posted Hide Post
Let's see if I got all this:

Along these mostly convulted postings everything's now gone really bonkers. Nasty swarms of bees as well as St. Nick himself kicking around a few cobler elves distract the true storyline! Who cares who this Officer Bert guy is anyway? Maybe he's really Sam Parkhill, that fellow from the Ray Bradbury book! Wasn't someone also somehow involved in that Civil War re-enactment? Maybe it was those Lewis and Clark fellows.

Any help from those in the community would be much appreciated. Or we can just start over. Now where were we when the phones went dead...?

ATTENTION:: Don't believe a word of the following "edited by Nard Kordell"
notice! This was actually edited by that Officer Bert guy!

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 06-10-2006).]

posted Hide Post
Sad lament of the last man on earth: "I love people watching."

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bert has gotten the suit on and lowered the visor of the helmet. Relief! He raises the sax to his mouth�clunk!
(External looking into helmet. Utter silence in the vacuum outside. Bert is screaming)

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trying to be helpful, Ernie attempts to raise Bert's visor. Bert slaps his hand away. Ernie shrugs, points to the peanut butter sandwich in his other hand, takes a deep breath, and opens his own visor. Ernie implodes.

Out of nowhere, Ernest Hemingway, Ernest Borgnine, and Jim Varnney appear, waving their hands and mouthing the words, "Pick me!" and "No, pick me!" and "Hey Bern, pick me!" respectively.

Posts: 901 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post