Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Hitchcock and The Jar

Moderators: philnic, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hitchcock and The Jar
 Login/Join

posted
I just found a clean copy of the Alfred Hitchcock Presents version of The Jar on youtube. Looks like it's only been up since July. Finally I get to see it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: skmckee,

Posts: 109 | Registered: 23 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first time I saw it I tuned into it by accident while channel flipping. I called a friend who turned it on and it took her boyfriend about two seconds to realize what he was watching!

Posts: 6933 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love Alfred Hitchcock Presents, but have never seen "The Jar," so thanks for pointing this out. My mother remembers seeing the episode as a young girl, back when it first aired. It scared the living daylights out of her. To this day, she gets the willies thinking about it.

As an aside, it's a real shame that Universal (I believe it's them), cares so little about AHP. They released the first season on crappy double-sided DVDs that are prone to skipping; the next four seasons were treated decently; but then the sixth was released as a "print on demand" set--burned DVDs, essentially. And there appears to be no plans to release the remaining seasons (or any of the Alfred Hitchcock Hour). The full run got a release in the UK and Australia, I believe. Been toying with the idea of picking the set up along with a region-free DVD player, but I'm also holding out hope that someone like Shout Factory will do a U.S. release.

Posts: 36 | Registered: 31 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They got no respect!

Posts: 6933 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post