Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    DARK CARNIVAL.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DARK CARNIVAL.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
In spite of my present and woeful economic conditions, I went ahead and re-ordered the book through Gauntlett, and received it (and the CD, which I also ordered) in the mail yesterday. It was numbered and autographed by both authors and in perfect shape! Now I have a very expensive copy for mark-up and another for collection. (I'll try to avoid the obsessive-compulsive need to write my name in the new one!)

But. . .it was all worth it.

I have the large Ray Bradbury's Stories that he autographed when I met him out in Pasadena, CA, so it wasn't just about the autograph. It became a matter of principle, darn it! What the principle was, I now have no idea!

Therapy, Mr. Dark. Therapy!

Meeting him was very cool, although I was so in awe of being in his presence, I was unable to articulate what an amazing influence he has had on my life. He was very, very nice when I met him. Friendly and chatty. He actually came up to me before a book signing. He saw me with the book and wanted to save me the trouble of waiting in line. Very nice. He and I were both just book browsing, and I had already bought my copy to get autographed.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-28-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-28-2002).]

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dark....if you would be interested in selling your 'expensive copy for mark-up' before it's marked-up....I'd be very interested in your asking price!

Posts: 4 | Location: usa | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tempting, but I may actually NEED a copy I can mark up. Chrisman43 has reminded me of the value in my collector's copy, and how I can deface it in a heartbeat through my own obsessive, thoughtless behaviours. Even old guys can learn!

I am contemplating a Bradbury project that -- given the way I write -- may provide me with a need for a copy I can use for mark-ups, extensive cross-references, keyword annotations, thematic highlights, margin arguments and summaries, etc.

It's not a "no", it's an "I just spent $300.00 to buy one book, and I need to actually THINK before doing anything with these books again".

Again, ever the obsessive-compulsive!

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand. If you decide to, please contact me! Enjoy!

Posts: 4 | Location: usa | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post