Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "The Murderer"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Murderer"
 Login/Join

posted
I'm writing an argumentive essay about how "The Murderer " Can be seen as foreshadowing to the cell phone age. I'm having trouble finding sources reguarding this topic, any suggestions?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 11 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure of an external source linking cell phones to "The Murderer". You may have to do some textual analysis on your own and link it to the develpment of the cell phone yourself. It's possible that it's been done and someone can point you in the direction, but you might need to do some original research on this specific topic. Anyone???

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Care to look into who developed cell phones? How, when, why, and how aware of/inspired were they by the story? It may not have used that word, but described the device and the problems it presented exactly, not to mention the general annoyances and noise pollution ever present in today's world.

(By the way, "The Murderer" and "Exorcism" win my awards for the two Bradbury stories most funny in print and least funny on film.)

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think it refers to Bradbury or The Murderer, but Paul Levinson's book Cellphone tells the story of the mobile phone. Levinson is a media historian and a science fiction writer, so he knows a thing or too.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of tying "The Murderer" in with the development of cell phones, it's just a matter of getting there that's the hangup.

posted Hide Post
Heehee. Phone. Hangup.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
um. pun intended?