Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    All Summer In A Day

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All Summer In A Day
 Login/Join

posted
I use this story to highlight Mr. Bradbury's effective use of description, figurative language and skill to craft a very touching piece. I have seen video of story and although contains changes it is a great tool for comparison for my students. My problem is I can't seem to find a copy. There is one copy in the entire state of Rhode Island. Can anyone help me locate a copy? I believe that American Learning Corperation produced the video. Thank you.

Posts: 1 | Location: North Kingstown, R.I. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you thought to check with the Library of Congress. You may even be able to borrow a copy through Interlibrary Loan. If that does not work try searching through local or regional university collections, and see if they are willing to do the same.

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Msusla,
Are you looking for a printed copy of Ray's short story, ALL SUMMER IN A DAY? If so, it will be reprinted in the March 2002 spring issue of a new magazine called VERBICIDE. My sequel to ALL SUMMER... will also be in that magazine. If you've like copies of this issue please e-mail me at newcenturywriter@yahoo.com and give me your mailing address.
Best,
Jason Marchi

Posts: 4 | Location: New Haven, CT 06512, USA | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could always buy a copy of the video off the web at:
http://www.imdb.com/Title?0195517

Posts: 2 | Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is JasonMarchi still on this board?

As a writer, I can't imagine trying to follow in Ray's footsteps, let alone in the shadow of one of his most famous stories. Just wondering what inspired this "sequel" and what it was like to write it.

Anybody read it?

Posts: 229 | Location: Van Nuys, CA USA | Registered: 23 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post