Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Complete Non-Fiction Listings
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complete Non-Fiction Listings
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
dandelion... you are crazy! I love it.

Posts: 201 | Location: santa clara, ca, usa | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's more. Just getting up my strength.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
..."Boris, Bela, and Me," Argosy, December 1974. Article.
--Reprinted as "Horrors! Films that are Frightful? Delightful!" Deseret News (Salt Lake City), October 24, 1979.
--Reprinted in Utah/US Film Festival Book, November 1979...

This one is online in full, from the Deseret News reprint:

http://news.google.com/newspap...IBAJ&pg=6303,2987027

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...which in turns reminds me to say that Google News gives access to quite a few regional newspaper archives. Here is the results page for a "Ray Bradbury" Google News search.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phil, you are a SAINT! I turned up a huge number of items through ProQuest, but they contained very few regional articles. There were interviews in the Aggelis book not found on ProQuest at all.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't ploughed through those regional papers yet (and maybe never will; far too much else to look at currently!). I expect that a lot of the Bradbury finds in there will turn out to be reprints, re-titled versions of articles from elsewere.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Aggelis counted well over 300 just of interviews. I wonder where he found them all.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I haven't ploughed through those regional papers yet...

I like that the British say plough.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which enables us, for comic effect, to deliberately mispronounce it as pluff.

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Think this guy has a future? Ray Bradbury, interviewed by and on the cover of the March, 1948 issue of WRITERS' MARKETS & METHODS, referred to in dandelion's listing above:

ImageIMG_0447.jpg (35 Kb, 50 downloads)

Posts: 2446 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The late Russell Kirk was a well known conservative thinker, as well as a writer of some excellent gothic tales. (One example is his novel OLD HOUSE OF FEAR.) He was also a friend and admirer of Ray Bradbury. The link below will take you to an article about Ray Bradbury, by Mr. Kirk, called "The World of Ray Bradbury":

https://theimaginativeconserva...of-ray-bradbury.html

posted Hide Post
Incidentally, the portion of Mr. Kirk's essay (apparently written, by the way, in 1968) which I find terrifying is the following: "Some librarians, too, have taken alarm. Bradbury’s stories are disturbing! No disturbances can be permitted in this perfect American culture of ours. In error, a company which distributes educational books included among a consignment of books for children one copy of Fahrenheit 451. A female librarian detected this work of heresy, and fired off a letter of furious protest to the wholesaler. How dared they send such a dreadful book? 'I took it right out in back and burned it.'"

FAHRENHEIT 451...for real.

posted Hide Post
Red Face Frowner Mad

Cori

posted Hide Post
From 1971, RAY BRADBURY, HUMANISTA DEL FUTURO, published by Helios and considered to be one of the first (if not the first) book-length, non-fiction critical studies of the work of Ray Bradbury. The book, which is in Spanish, was authored by Jose Luis Garci, and features an introduction by Ray himself:

ImageIMG_0466.jpg (30 Kb, 22 downloads)

posted Hide Post
And speaking of compositions in Spanish relating to Ray Bradbury, in March of 2019, a three-page handwritten, signed manuscript by famed writer Jorge Luis Borges...his introduction to a 1955 Spanish edition of the MARTIAN CHRONICLES (Ediciones Minotauro, 1955)...sold for over US$12,000 at auction. As Borges wrote in that introduction, "What has this man from Illinois created - I ask myself, closing the pages of his book - that his episodes of the conquest of another planet fill me with such terror and solitude?":

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25354/lot/219/