Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    "Half the fun of travel is the aesthetic of lostness"

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Half the fun of travel is the aesthetic of lostness"
 Login/Join

posted
This quote is ascribed to Ray Bradbury.
Do you know where is it from? A book? An interview?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 February 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, I know that quote is attributed to Ray Bradbury. While I don't know where it came from, it would not surprise me at all if he said it. Ray enjoyed traveling, and would describe how, when in a city like Paris or London, he would leave his hotel and simply start walking, and would not know (or care) where he ended up. He said that getting lost, and then finding his way back to his hotel, was a wonderful way to explore, and was part of the fun of visiting a city with which he was unfamiliar. (I have tried this method of exploring myself, but have lacked Ray's confidence. I always have a map in my pocket, just in case I need it!)

Posts: 2438 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What quote?

Oh, the subject header. It's all fun getting lost unless you are trying to get to a place just about to close!

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post