Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    so why can't i find ray bradbury's biography anywhere

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

so why can't i find ray bradbury's biography anywhere
 Login/Join

posted
yep, that's right, i cant find his biography. *sighs**

Posts: 5 | Registered: 24 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh COME on, someone's gotta kno!

posted Hide Post
Two minutes between posts....you don't have a lot of patience, do you? Also, when you're asking for assistance, being a little more polite might help.

I suggest you head to a local library or a bookstore. Look for a recently published book called BRADBURY: AN ILLUSTRATED LIFE, by Jerry Weist. It should help you.

Good luck on your homework assignment.

Posts: 369 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The impatient mysteryperson says his interests (in his bio page)... are... "staring at the wall". Sounds like a character out of 'Fahrenheit 451' to me....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well that's... interesting. I need one online, because I can't GET to the library because it's late and it's due the day after tomorrow. Did I mention I have other projects?

posted Hide Post
thepersonyoudontknow:

Well, guess what?! This right here Bradbury website has a lot of info on him. Or you can go to:
http://www.spaceagecity.com/bradbury/bio.htm

and get more....

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i see... thanx and thanx and...
hi bi dont eat my eye

posted Hide Post
Someperson from out of the ether came for a bite, but without being even curious for the invitation to a meal. The Biography sounds good. How long ago was it published?

[This message has been edited by uncle (edited 09-24-2003).]

Posts: 248 | Location: Utah, U.S.A. | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"well that's... interesting. I need one online, because I can't GET to the library because it's late and it's due the day after tomorrow. Did I mention I have other projects?"

Guess what? WE have other projects, too. This is the second rude post out there from people asking for help. Are they teaching manners and courtesy any more? You know, class applies on-line, too.

And, you're more likely to get help when you are courteous and respectful of OTHER people's time.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny, but this person also went on to a website pleading for an on-line biography. Why didn't he/she try googling "Ray Bradbury" in the first place? You can find author databases, theses, encyclopedias--Why waste one's time getting quick information from a discussion board? I work in a theatrical bookstore, and we get people like this all the time, looking for the perfect monologue but seemingly not willing to do the least iota of reasearch to find one. As with the poster's general rudness, I find it very sad.

Posts: 8 | Location: bronx, ny usa | Registered: 17 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry... hey i'm a little... weird, yes, i stuck my foot in the elctrical outlet last week and i'm getting really odd mood swings... i admit i coulda been more polite, but it's not as if you're too polite. no offense, just a comment. criticism is supposed to lead to improvement. humanity is strange. that DOES include me.

posted Hide Post
Pointing out rudeness is impolite? My apologies, I must have missed that memo.

Posts: 8 | Location: bronx, ny usa | Registered: 17 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear thepersonyoudontknow, do you know a guy named jack?

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to ask - did you really stick your foot in an outlet? If so, how? And, did you get superpowers when you did it?

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post