Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    INTERVIEW NEEDED for hs research paper

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

INTERVIEW NEEDED for hs research paper
 Login/Join

posted
I need to include an interview with a bradbury enthusiast who has read at least two books and is willing to discuss thoughts and feelings concerning Ray Bradbury's writing style, themes, and overall effect. This interview will be included in a high school research paper and likely to be quoted for use in the attached essay. I would greatly appreciate the help of any whom are interested.

Posts: 2 | Location: Concord, CA | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Bradbury enthusiast who has (gasp) read at least two books?! That's not setting the bar very high, is it? I'm not sure I should encourage this sort of thing, but e-mail me the interview questions and I'll see what i can do. No promises, though.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At last count I think I'd read 43?

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably being from the same high school as montag, i am also requesting if someone who has read more then 2 bradbury books would be kind enough to answer some of my questions. I appreciate anyone who will cooperate. Either Private message me or leave a message on this thread and i'll make contact. Thanks

Posts: 3 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The irony here is you are missing one of the more powerful themes Mr. Bradbury brings up in many of his works (short and long), the fading away of personal "face to face" contacts and conversations. Are there no individuals in your immediate location who have read the works of Ray Bradbury?!

Might you consider asking a teacher, administrator, parent, neighbor, or friend?
I'm sure many of the well informed participants on this site would be willing to help. It's just curious that you have not attempted to "test your immediate waters". The feedback and understanding you would get from a first hand encounter with a flesh and blood Bradbury fan would also benefit you because his/her enthusiasm for the literature and author just might become contagious! Give it a try.

If this were my assignment (and it is not!), I would have clarified an "in-person" interview - having the above comments in mind. Otherwise, a quick "print" gets your assignment done for you!)

[This message has been edited by fjpalumbo (edited 03-18-2002).]

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You forgot to say bookstore owner or librarian. They know who likes what and if they wouldn't give names, they would pass on a message.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being from a first generation asian family most of the friends of my parents and adult friends of myself are asian and not only don't speak much english but probably haven't even read an english novel, let alone a couple of Ray Bradbury books. I'll get in contact with my local bookstore owner and see if they can provide some help, but it's nice knowing I can rely on someone else if my personal meeting does not go well.

Posts: 3 | Location: Walnut Creek, CA USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TT85 & Montag: You might start to develop a base of knowledge to guide your questions on Mr. Bradbury by reviewing the items on the "home" pg here. [About Ray Bradbury, At Home with the Author, Links, and Works are all sources for some sound questioning to be set down.]

Dandelion's idea for those most familiar with books in your school or neighborhood is great. I am sure, other teachers on staff will also be willing to give you some feedback. The important thing is to recognize Mr. Bradbury's importance as one of "the most significant" authors in American literature. Hopefully, that will come across in the research you finally collect.

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is that you Tony?

Posts: 2 | Location: Concord, CA | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whoa! dandelion! 43 books?!?!!? there are only 20 that i know of, andi've only read about 7 or 8! you are one devoted fan!

Posts: 8 | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi, yes it is Kris I have my list of questions ready, if you think that you can possibly help me out please email me at Bravez@prodigy.net Thx for the help

posted Hide Post
Yes, and I didn't even count some, such as "Classic Stories 1" and "Classic Stories 2" as separate titles! I have lists of questions from two people now...time to think about answering....