Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury Books for Sale

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Books for Sale
 Login/Join

posted
Greetings,
I was considering selling a few of Ray's books, but am unsure of their worth.
Here's is what I have.
The Toynbee Convector, 1st
Death is a Lonely Business, 1st Signed.
Green Shadows, White Whale, 1st Signed.
Graveyard for Lunatics, 1st
Thanks for any help.

Posts: 1 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 24 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to the ABE website and run a search to see what your books are worth. Here is the link:
http://www.abebooks.com

Posts: 2453 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Richard:::

This is a GREAT place to find the prices of books. Actually, it's indispensible.

Came across an asbestos edition of 'Fahrenheit 451'. A mere $13,000.00.
Don't mention that to Moore. He may want to bind his '9/11' in asbestos as well....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've often wondered about the asbestos edition. If you had one, would you "shrinkwrap" it or take some other measure to protect yourself?

Ironic how a book against censorship gets banned because of the material on the outside of the book, and even more ironic because that material was to symbolize the very fact that it couldn't be banned(burned).

Maybe there is really nothing harmful about asbestos at all. Maybe it was something J. Edgar Hoover or McCarthy cooked up to keep the book off the shelves. I smell a CONSPIRACY!

[This message has been edited by grasstains (edited 05-25-2004).]

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains::

Well, about the harmful effects of asbestos...
...I should find out someday. Worked for 4 years in a very large area, that was totally walled with solid asbestos materials. If it begins to flake, or break, and the fibers go into the air, well, that's where the problem lies...

I held an asbestos edition once (I think I mentioned it in a post months ago)...of a copy of ''Fahrenheit 451'', that a fellow in either Berkeley or Sausalito California...had on his bookshelf. It was, at the time (1972)...covered with a clear plastic.

The publisher of the first edition of Stephen King's, "The Firestarter", later created 26 copies of an asbestos edition of "The Firestarter". Afterwards, he traded in one of his "The Firestarter" asbestos editions for an asbestos "Fahrenheit 451" It is THAT edition that is for sale for approx. $13,270.00

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 05-25-2004).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard-
There's a charity auction being held at ebay to help out longtime SF author and editor Charles L. Grant who's medical expenses, due to cancer, have left him broke and are still mounting. Several big name authors including Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Peter Straub, Clive Barker, Lucius Shepard, Orson Scott Card and many others have contributed items for the cause. There's some Alice Cooper stuff, too.

Perhaps the F-451 edition you mentioned is one of King's contributions.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post