Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    RIP Michael Cloyd (biplane1)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Michael Cloyd (biplane1)
 Login/Join

posted
I heard today that Michael Cloyd - who for many years posted here as "biplane1" - passed away on 23 August.

According to his own Facebook posts, he had been undergoing chemotherapy following a cancer diagnosis.

biplane1's posts here often referred to his friendship with Richard Bach (author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull), through whom he met Ray Bradbury.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sad news indeed, Phil. Thanks for passing along the information.

Posts: 2440 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael was a very kind and friendly man who shared years of enjoyable Ray Bradbury incites and images on the Forums from its earliest days.

Thank you, Phil. Your attention to our loss of a true RB fan is much appreciated. Biplane was always a gentleman in his RB posts and personal exchanges.

Peace!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the years since I've been inactive on these forums, Michael has been the one person I've kept in touch with, the occasional phone call, and always keeping in touch via social media, keeping up with his and Barb's antics, his experimental painting techniques, and that fantastic picture of him with the snake, from his army days Big Grin
Having quit all social media these past few months due to the sheer stress of it all, I'm glad to at least learn of Michael's passing in the place where it all began. May God bless his soul, and may he keep creating into the next life. Amen.

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this. There are few enough Bradbury fans who still come here as it is.

Posts: 699 | Location: Cape Town, South Africa | Registered: 29 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post