Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Research Report

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Research Report
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone. I have chosen Ray Bradbury as my research topic. His books really mean something to me. But now i really need help finding some good research sites and maybe one of you could give me some great info. Thanks i appreciate it!

-Mad Dog

[This message has been edited by MadDog (edited 02-20-2003).]

Posts: 14 | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MadDog:::
E V E R Y T H I N G you want to know about Bradbury is R I G H T H E R E....in Resources...
in postings about being Inspired by Bradbury...
about the favorite books by Ray....
of the author's Legacy in years to come...

Just breeze thru it all... there is more than you can wonder about... (or almost...)!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It'd be nice (under a FAQ or something) to have a listing of all reasonably good Bradbury websites. It would be a bear to maintain, but it would be convenient. Another good one on the website would be a listing of reasonably current books on and about Bradbury.

For now, the home page (As Nard points out) has several places to look. Not just the message board, but sites on the homepage, itself.

Also, I would strongly recommend you get copies of as many of his books as you can (library, unless you're rich), and study his introductions and epilogues. He tends to be pretty self-revelatory as to the origins of a lot of his stories. That might be a good place to start.

You didn't mention what kind of research you have started off with.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MadDog:

Check out the on-line videos available on this site...Bradbury At Home, and others posted at other postings...
Also, you might look over the following site. Click on, or type into finder::
http://www.non.com/books/Bradbury_Ray_cc.html

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MadDog:
Also try, for study inquiry on Fahrenheit 451....

click on, or type into finder: http://www.napanet.net/~aripub/f451.htm

posted Hide Post
This was strange. My post posted...and then, after a few minutes, it magically posted again....So I deleted that message and replaced with this editing....wondering if some of our postings sometimes just wander about in electronic gobbily -gook and Whamo! splat into some semblance of order from caos?

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 02-15-2003).]

posted Hide Post
Thanks a bunch. I appreciate all your help. Now I have to get typing this report is due tomorrow!! o.0

-Mad Dog

Posts: 14 | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I wrote a very detailed reply to someone on a Message Group. When it didn't show up after about a day, I sent the same information in a briefer form directly to the board rather than to the group via e-mail, which showed up instantly. After about a week, my original e-mail showed up, maybe having taken a little side trip through the Twilight Zone.

Posts: 7299 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post