Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Contacting Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Contacting Ray
 Login/Join

posted
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone here knows how to contact Ray (possibly through e-mail).

My name is Chris and I publish a magazine shocasing speculative fiction by young up-and-coming writers.

Each issue, we feature a Q&A segment where we ask people on the street a different question. The question for the upcoming issue is "If you were a character in Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451" and you had to memorize and become a single book in order to save it from the eternal flame, what would that book be?"

We've got some great answers so far, but I realized it would be wonderful if we could get an answer from Ray himself.

Thanks,
Chris Fletcher
chris@thelatelateshow.org

Posts: 1 | Location: Davis, CA, USA | Registered: 09 July 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray doesn't do e-mail as far as I know....his address is listed somewheres in :famous people sites:

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is true. Ray does not own a computer. He continues to type on an electric typewriter as can be seen in the section Ray at Home in this web site.

He sent me a note in regard to the question about an email address. His response was, "Holy Jesus! What would I do with Email? I already receive 200-300 letters a week!"

So, although he is very good about answering his correspondence, he seems to have no interest in coming to age with a computer.

I think about Ray often and how he is doing. When I last spoke with him he said that he had two bad falls, but was doing alright.

Posts: 39 | Location: Plantation, FL USA | Registered: 19 October 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've also read somewhere that even Ray writes about advanced technology he never even travel by air. I was amazed to hear that he still uses his typewriter. True if he already receives 200-300 mails a week how could he deal with E-mails? I think the best way to contact Ray is by mailing him.

[This message has been edited by SharktheFish (edited 08-18-2002).]

Posts: 18 | Location: Camp Hill, PA | Registered: 07 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hate to tell you this, but Ray does fly. Tho he didn't fly into much later in life, his first flight was photographed and appeared, among other places, Time Magazine, fearfully gripping the seat as the smiling stewardess looked on. Later, working for Disneyland in Paris, he used the (gasp!) Concorde. Gee, you can actually see the curve of the Earth in a Concorde.

For Ray's mailing address, and many others you may wonder how to contact, simply go to:
www.stararchive.com/-5k

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That above "star archive" doesn't work, so try. Or drop the /-5k thingie.
www.stararchive.com

click on this one above