Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Martian Chronicles film idea

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martian Chronicles film idea
 Login/Join

posted
What would you all think about Kerry Conran, of Sky Captain an the World of Tomorrow fame, directing The Martian Chronicles?
I think it makes sense. He excells at doing period science fantasy. He did a short film as his sort of audition or pitch for Sky captain so he could tell the story episodically as it should be told. He could create the imagined future of the book while staying true to the period.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Greentown IL, have you seen the discussion on the new site, "What if Dandelion Wine Were a Real Live Movie?" It's under "Inspired by Ray," and it might interest you.

Despite lukewarm reviews from friends, I saw "Sky Captain" and loved it. I don't know what that film technique is called, but it reminded me of "Minority Report," also a good movie. If MC could've been the first recent movie to have used that style--Wow!

But that striking visual style has been used now at least a couple of times, and anything emulating it risks an immediate disadvantage, just from repetition.

If Conran could give MC its own visual signature, the results could be stunning--and that's just what Martian Chronicles deserves.

Posts: 109 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking black and white - to look like the old "Twilight Zone" episodes. Similar music too. It should be produced as if it were produced in the fifties.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post