Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What actor's would you pick for FH451
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What actor's would you pick for FH451
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
A thought just hit me, Clarrise would be great if played by the girl who played the young ghost in Ghost Ship. I can't remember the name, but I hope any of you who have seen it will agree.

Posts: 4 | Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 26 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you know the name of the character, you can confirm the actress's name here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0288477/

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to love the internet movie database, what would we do without it?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Groon, You have helped me to perhaps change my mind. Samuel Jackson would make a very menacing antagonist in Beatty (know you didn't assign him that part but you brought him up). Thanks.

Andy

Posts: 209 | Location: Worden, Illinois | Registered: 09 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good critique of "Remakes" that holds promise for Darabont's remake of F-451:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/201977p-174309c.html

Posts: 333 | Registered: 12 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this looks like an amazing movie, very bradburyistique, im making up words now, just click the link.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/garden_state/internet_exclusive/
(little easter egg: watch the credits: method man comes before nathalie portman!!)

Posts: 12 | Location: Darien, Connecticut, USA | Registered: 06 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michael Moore:
as the Mechanical Hound

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That'd be a different sorta hound, dude. He wouldn't have to be fast enough to chase people--just scare them to death with his looks!

Y'Aint Nothin' but a hound dog!

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Director: M. Night Shalayman
Montag: Guy Peirce (I always imagined it would be him) or Hugh Jackman (Wolverine)
Millie: I'm thinking Matilda...hmmm...the lady from Empire of the Sun
Captain Beatty: Robert Denero
Clarrise: Mischa Barton or The Chick from the ring (Not closet girl...her friend)
Faber: Morgan Freeman or Anthony Hopkins
Old Lady: Stockard Channing

Lauren Murray

Posts: 26 | Location: Snellville, GA, United States | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about using AMEE from "Red Planet" in the capacity of mechanical dog? Actually, this film is replete with Bradbury references - check it out if you haven't seen it.

Posts: 149 | Location: Ostend, Belgium | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matilda Richardson...for Millie

Lauren Murray

Posts: 26 | Location: Snellville, GA, United States | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CAPT. BEATTY:

NO ONE ELSE OTHER THAN:

JACK NICHOLSON

ImageJNi.jpg (44 Kb, 6 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here...
THIS is a better Photo of Captain Nicholson (viz: Beatty)

ImageCAPTAIN_BEATTY_NICHOLSON.jpg (177 Kb, 8 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And James Caviezel (Mel Gibson's Jesus) as MONTAG!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way,
...who knows what the latest IS on """FAHRENHEIT 451""" remake?