Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What actor's would you pick for FH451
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What actor's would you pick for FH451
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Jack Nicholson would make an excellent choice. But what's he asking nowadays? $20,0000,000 a film? Somebody tell him $20,000 and he gets to work with Mel Gibson's Jesus!

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's How I would Cast it. Of course, there are choices. It's just really up to people's decision on which would work/match the best.

Montag: Viggo Mortensen, Clive Owen, Matt Damon, Leonardo diCaprio, Nicholas Cage, Adrien Brody

Millie: Natalie Portman, Nicole Kidman, Keira Knightley, Penelope Cruz, Jennifer Connely, (This one might not seem perfect to you but if you have seen Vanila Sky, you'd know that "CAMERON DIAZ" can also be fit for the part)

Clarisse: (First of all, Clarisse in the, 'in the novel' and not the movie, is suppose to be 16 years old turning 17) I don't know why the heck did they cast Julie in the old movie. Dakota Fanning, Kay Panabaker

Faber: Christopher Walken

Granger: Morgan Freeman

Captain Beatty: Hugh Jackman, Tom Hanks, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jack Nicholson

Old Lady: (If Gloria Stewart was still alive, she'd be perfect for the part =(, Ruby Dee

Casting For Real

Posts: 2 | Location: San Jose, California | Registered: 30 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's How I would Cast it. Of course, there are choices. It's just really up to people's decision on which would work/match the best.

Montag: Viggo Mortensen, Clive Owen, Matt Damon, Leonardo diCaprio, Nicholas Cage, Adrien Brody

Millie: Winona Ryder, Nicole Kidman, Keira Knightley, Penelope Cruz, Jennifer Connely, (This one might not seem perfect to you but if you have seen Vanila Sky, you'd know that "CAMERON DIAZ" can also be fit for the part)

Clarisse: (First of all, Clarisse in the, 'in the novel' and not the movie, is suppose to be 16 years old turning 17) I don't know why the heck did they cast Julie in the old movie. Dakota Fanning, Kay Panabaker

Faber: Christopher Walken

Granger: Morgan Freeman

Captain Beatty: Hugh Jackman, Tom Hanks, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jack Nicholson

Old Lady: (If Gloria Stewart was still alive, she'd be perfect for the part =(, Ruby Dee

Casting For Real

Casting For Real

Posts: 2 | Location: San Jose, California | Registered: 30 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't like the fact that this book is being made into a movie. To me, it was a very descriptive and psychological story, so descriptive and psychological that I feel like it'd fail if made into a film. The only way I can see this book being successfully made into a movie is if it's not 100% true to its original source. I believe I read somewhere that it wasn't going to be either. I really wish this book would just be left alone.

Posts: 7 | Location: United States | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Omni, if you don't like the idea of the film then... don't watch it!

The way things are going, I don't think this film will be made. Like most Hollywood film projects, it's going to sit on a shelf gathering dust while something much more disappointingly mindless gets funded.

I have seen the Frank Darabont script for the proposed film, and it's pretty good and a pretty good adaptation. If he gets to make it, I think it will be fine. Remember The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile!

If the script falls into other hands, well... remember A Sound Of Thunder!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<harvey101blind>
posted
anthony hopkins is a perfect beatty

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...but where is the screenplay, and in whose hands does the production now rest?

Still F. Darabont? This is a post topic almost as old as the site itself.

http://www.slashfilm.com/frank...alks-fahrenheit-451/

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post